Forums - Steps to build and run an application using the Hexagon on a Snapdragon 805 MDP

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steps to build and run an application using the Hexagon on a Snapdragon 805 MDP
shane_harper
Posted: Tue, 2014-08-12 20:37
I have been unable to deploy and run applications that use the Hexagon on a Snapdragon 805 MDP.

I have tried to deploy the "Calculator" example that's included in v1.1.0 of the Hexagon SDK using the following steps:
   c: 
   cd \Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\1.1.0\
   setup_sdk_env.cmd
   cd tools\scripts
   REM connect Android device via USB
   calculator_walkthrough.cmd

"calculator_walkthrough.cmd" seems to never complete. It runs C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\1.1.0\tools\scripts\testsig.cmd which never completes.

Can someone please provide steps to deploy and run the "Calculator" example or a similar program that uses the Snapdragon 805 MDP Hexagon?

Thank you,

Shane

FYI: I've tried using MDP firmware build eng.qualcomm.20140415.133 and build eng.qualcomm.20140703.150.

• Up0
  • Down0
shane_harper
Posted: Tue, 2014-09-02 05:08

We've encountered exactly the same problem (calculator_walkthrough.cmd doesn't complete) with Hexagon SDK v1.2.2_eval and with MDP firmware build eng.qualcomm.20140815.101.

I had expected that the "calculator" example included in the Hexagon SDK would "just work", or at least give an error message if a problem was encountered.

Any information regarding how to deploy and run the calculator example or a similar program on the Snapdragon 805 MDP tablet would be very much appreciated.

• Up0
  • Down0
DivByZero
Posted: Wed, 2014-11-05 17:56

I'm having the same problem with the new 805-based Dragonboard using the 1.2.2 SDK.  If you dig in, you'll notice that it hangs when trying to run "getserial".  This little "getserial" app didn't change between 1.1.0 and 1.2.2.

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2014-11-06 10:20

The latest 805 build addresses these issues.  Please update to the latest Intrinsyc 805 build (available on their website as MDP805_Upgrade_Package_2.0.zip).

• Up0
  • Down0
Kiran.Chandramohan
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 11:58

Hi,

I faced this issue of getserial hanging. So i tried to install Upgrade Package 2.1. But due to some reason the installation was hanging and now the MDP tablet does not boot.

1) Is there anyway to get the MDP to run ?

2) I had used windows from a virtual machine to do the upgradation. We have another MDP in our labs. Will you recommend installing the upgrade on the other MDP from a windows desktop(rather than a virtual machine) ?

--Kiran

• Up0
  • Down0
brianp
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 12:44

Hi Kiran,

I would suggest sending an email to [email protected] as they should have provided you the hardware and be able to support you directly.

Regards,

Brian

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.