Forums - Boot Failure After Pushing aDSP Image

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boot Failure After Pushing aDSP Image
ashapiro
Posted: Tue, 2014-02-11 11:18

Hi all,

I just tried to update the aDSP image on my Intrinsyc DragonBoard APQ8074 to the one included in the latest Hexagon SDK release (v1.1.0) using push_adsp.cmd. It seemed as though the push was successful, but now the board boots up to displaying the Intrinsyc banner, then goes unresponsive and does not appear to Windows over USB. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any advice?

Thanks,

Adam

• Up0
  • Down0
ashapiro
Posted: Thu, 2014-02-20 08:13

I was finally able to resolve this issue. The BSP for the DragonBoard does not include images for the proprietary partitions on the board, including the the modem partition where the aDSP image reside, so reflashing using the BSP's flashall.bat script did not help. The solution was to use the FlashingUtility, available separately on Intrinsyc's support site. The documentation made it seem as though that tool was only necessary to initialize legacy boards, but apparently it's needed any time these undocumented proprietary partitions are corrupted.

It also seems that this was a known issue between the new SDK and the 1.1 version of the BSP that may be resolved in a BSP update coming soon. Unfortunately, that was not communicated with the developer community. See http://mydragonboard.org/community/hw-sw-8074/board-fails-to-boot-after-....

• Up0
  • Down0
hixuco
Posted: Fri, 2015-06-19 01:56

hi ashapiro,  i googled and find this post, does anyone know about the relationship between flashinging utility, IntrinsycAPQ8074DragonBoardBSP-KK-2.2 and UpgradePackage version?

I'm using IntrinsycAPQ8074DragonBoardBSP-KK-2.2.zip, and downloaded the latest DB8074_FlashingUtilityInstaller_1.2.zip, and I'm not sure to flash using UpgradePackage 2.2 or 2.3???  Thanks in advance!

http://dragonboard8074.intrinsyc.com/projects/dragonboard8074/files?val=1

DB8074_FlashingUtilityInstaller_1.2.zip

DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.2_for_FlashingUtility.zip
DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.2_mDSP_for_FlashingUtility.zip
DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.3.zip
DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.3_mDSP_for_FlashingUtility.zip

IntrinsycAPQ8074DragonBoardBSP-KK-2.2.zip

• Up0
  • Down0
homedorosti_1384
Posted: Fri, 2015-06-19 23:57

I have programmed both of images below using flashingutility_1.2, flashing process was successful but android does not boot completely.

Using terminal window, a lot of error messages like "is not ready", "permission error" and ... are reported. Also there is no graphical output on HDMI, while previously I had the graphic view using this port on native android image.

Anybody knows what is the reason behind and how to resolve it?

DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.3.zip
DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.3_mDSP_for_FlashingUtility.zip

thanks,

• Up0
  • Down0
hixuco
Posted: Mon, 2015-06-22 07:28

homedorosti,

My dragonboard APQ8074 (KK2.2) also boots and got many errors entering idle screen, after I run flashingutility_1.2 with DB8074_UpgradePackage_2.3.zip, it fails with an error "unkown reason", now seems like bootloader is broken...  I plug-in power jack (press on power button needed?) and no output from DB9 uart, also blue led is never on...

Hope Intrinsyc or Qualcomm engineer can give us some advice, please.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.