Forums - qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/listener_android.c:121:listener protocol failure -1

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/listener_android.c:121:listener protocol failure -1
trignesh
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-30 00:52

Hi

i have one periodic fastrpc function called addSamples() which is called at every 20ms time interval from android Service stub loadable library to DSP skel.

One Random behavior is like after some successfull calls to addSample(),  I am getting error message.

"E/adsprpc ( 2578): vendor/qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/listener_android.c:121:listener protocol failure -1
E/adsprpc ( 2578): vendor/qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/listener_android.c:125::error: -1: 0 == (nErr = __QAIC_HEADER(adsp_listener_next_invoke)( ctx, nErr, 0, 0, &ctx, &handle, &sc, bufs->inbufs, inBufsAllocated, bufs->inbufLenReqs, MAX_BUFS, bufs->outbufLenReqs, MAX_BUFS))"

and return value of that function is -1, and very next time of addSample call it gives error message 

"E/adsprpc ( 2578): vendor/qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/listener_android.c:182:listener thread exiting with code -1
E/adsprpc ( 2578): vendor/qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/listener_android.c:184:listener thread failed to cleanly shutdown. This is ok durring process exit.", 

after this every addSapmle call returns with error code -1.

Can please tell me why adsprpc get failed? I also tried with put mutex and all. still, fail occure.

I also checked on DSP side it does not given any error message or log. DSP also running.

Issue is very random. hard to say reproduce steps and again occured everytime. It also not occur with duration or processing load(traffic).

• Up0
  • Down0
trignesh
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-30 02:39

One more observation on this about /dev/adsprpc-smd.

lsmod /dev/adsprpc-smd output when application is not running.

adsprpc 17830 5 - Live 0x00000000

lsmod /dev/adsprpc-smd output when application is running fine.

adsprpc 17830 8 - Live 0x00000000

lsmod /dev/adsprpc-smd output when api start to fail with posted errors.

adsprpc 17830 9 - Live 0x00000000

• Up0
  • Down0
anatolyy
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-30 13:00

make sure the code running on the DSP doesn't leak, or crash.  

You can try removing the contents of your function, to basically do nothing except for 'return 0', and check if you see a similar error.  If not, its probably an issue somewhere in your code.  you can then selectively enable parts of it to figure out what exactly is causing it.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.