Forums - hexagon-gdb

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
hexagon-gdb
budantsev
Posted: Sat, 2015-05-30 13:22

Hello people,

I use APQ8074 SOM with hexagon SDK versions 1.2.2 and 2.0 (also tried 1.1.0). The APQ is flashed with Intrinsyc BSP version 1.2
I tried to debug the calculator example using both CLI tools and eclipse plugin. In both cases I've run in trouble. Since I didn't get USB debug working I used ADB over ethernet.

When using CLI debugger, I'm exactly following instructions in debugger_cmdline_guide.html
This guide omits which binary to use, so I guessed from the example that it should be C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\2.0\images\8074_8084\adsp_proc\build\ms\M8974AAAAAAAAQ1234.elf

After issuing 'target remote localhost:6666' debugger stops in D:\Builds\HaseebKhan\M8974AAAAAAAZL240135A.24\adsp_proc\core\kernel\qurt\libs\qurt\asm\qurt_signal.S

The exact debugger response was:

Remote debugging using localhost:6666
[New Thread 154]
(hexagon-gdb)
[Thread 154] #1 stopped.
futex_wait_trap () at D:\Builds\HaseebKhan\M8974AAAAAAAZL240135A.24\adsp_proc\core\kernel\qurt\libs\qurt\asm\qurt_signal.S:94
94      D:\Builds\HaseebKhan\M8974AAAAAAAZL240135A.24\adsp_proc\core\kernel\qurt\libs\qurt\asm\qurt_signal.S: No such file or di
rectory.
        in D:\Builds\HaseebKhan\M8974AAAAAAAZL240135A.24\adsp_proc\core\kernel\qurt\libs\qurt\asm\qurt_signal.S
Current language:  auto
The current source language is "auto; currently asm".

Then, I've set breakpoint on calculator_sum function, hit 'c' (Continue) and started calculator as
./calculator 0 0 16
from another console

GDB shown '[New Thread 43]' and has hot frozen, calculator output was
root@msm8974:/data # ./calculator 0 0 16
./calculator 0 0 16

- starting calculator test
- allocate 64 bytes from ION heap
- creating sequence of numbers from 0 to 15
- compute sum on the aDSP

and it also became frozen.

In eclipse, in the libcalculator_skel debugger console I saw gowing number 'ignoring packet error, continuing' messages, no debug cursor. Sometimes a diagnostic window appear with diagnostic that non-stop mode requested wich is not supported by target.

I saw no severe error messages. What may be wrong? What should I check to overcome this? This situation is the same in SDK both 1.2.2 and 2.0

• Up0
  • Down0
Andrey Budantsev
Posted: Thu, 2015-06-18 13:01

Once we repaired USB on micro-AB connector, debugging became functional. So, debugging hexagon code over ethernet connection instead of USB  is nearly impossible, at least for SDK 1.2

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.