Forums - make tree

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
make tree
h.rubaiyat
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-23 00:04

I am new in Hexagon SDK. I have isntalled the sdk and tried start the first project 'Calculator'. I am following the html docs provided with the sdk.

But when I gave the command make tree V=.... (Debug/Release) I faced problems.

The error is : "Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap (0x60EA0000 <0x24F0000>) in child, Win32 error 0"

How can I solve this solution and make the project?

• Up0
  • Down0
harshap
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-23 04:05

Hi Rubaiyat,

The error is due to msys libarary failure. msys-1.0.dll need to be rebased using the rebase.exe from Cygwin or Microsoft SDK toolkit using the following command

rebase.exe -b 0x50000000 msys-1.0.dll

Reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18502999/git-extensions-win32-error-487-couldnt-reserve-space-for-cygwins-heap-win32

Thanks,
Harsha P

• Up0
  • Down0
h.rubaiyat
Posted: Thu, 2014-12-25 21:44

Hello Harsha P,

Thanks for your ssuggestion. This helped me to solve the problem. But a new problem has been occured after rebasing using Microsoft SDK toolkit.

Now I can clean the my project using make clean. But in case of building using make tree command the following error is shown.

unable to allocate heap 0x10060000, heap_chunk_size 268435456, pid 10076, Win32 error 0

I am googling it but still no luck.

Thanks,

Rubaiyat

• Up0
  • Down0
harshap
Posted: Sun, 2014-12-28 22:44

Hi Rubaiyat ,

This is a problem with installaton of tools. In order to overcome this, try suffix "VERBOSE=1" to all build commands. That is, use "make tree V=android_Debug VERBOSE=1" instead

Regards,

Harsha P

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: make tree Best Answer
h.rubaiyat
Posted: Mon, 2014-12-29 00:05

Hello Harsha P,

Thanks for your solution. That worked fine.

Regards,

Rubaiyat

• Up0
  • Down0
swti6690
Posted: Mon, 2015-11-16 03:59

The Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is a network procedure that guarantees a loop-gratis topology for any overpass Ethernet local area network. STP gives a means to thwart loops by chunking links in an Ethernet network. Blocked links can be brought into service if active links fail.

http://www.whatisnetworks.com/how-to-make-a-network-tree-skirt/

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2015-11-16 12:37

Cygwin should not be used with the SDK.  The setup_sdk_env.cmd/sh should always be run in the local shell to configure its environment for sdk work.  This scrip will strip cygwin from the your path.  Once stripped the shell will use GNU On Windows (GOW) that was installed as part of the SDK.  If for some reason cygwin was not stripped you'll have to strip it yourself or update the script to do so.

Any feedback on why cygwin is not being stripped would be helpful to use going forward.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.