Forums - Using Voice playback path to play audio data

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Using Voice playback path to play audio data
pintu2727
Posted: Wed, 2014-08-20 05:57

Hi all,

I am creating a new audio topology (AUDIO_COPP) to play the audio which should be same as the voice playback (VOICE_RX_DEFAULT) path. I am able to create this and attched this to SPEAKER phone device. When I am playing the audio at that time QACT is dispalying the selected audio topology with what I have created, but only silence is getting played. And when I am attching the VOICE_RX_DEFAULT to SPEAKER path that time also silence only getting played. I verified with the topology ID's with the different one (AUDIO_RX) one, that time audio is getting played.

What my doubt is, can we use the VOICE RX modules to create a audio topology through which we can play the audio. Is this is possible how to do that? or Can we use the Voice features in Audio playback features in applications like VoIP calls, to improve the audio quality on receiver path.

Please some one comment on this. 

Thank you in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
abhikrant sharma
Posted: Wed, 2014-10-01 01:27

HI,

Could you please tell the platform you are working on ?

Which target ? ADSP image ? and other setup details.

Also, you can use voice RX modules in audio path by creating a custom topology and associating it with the respective device in QACT Lite.

In the case where audio playback is not working for you, is it possible to share ADSP logs ? To log ADSP messages you can mini-dm.exe. The information about mini-dm.exe is documented in Hexagon SDK

• Up0
  • Down0
pintu2727
Posted: Wed, 2014-10-01 02:54

Hi Abhikrant sharma,

Thank you for your response, we are working on msm8226, (audio 8974) for our Mobile handsets, which uses the snapdragon 400 processor.

Using the QACT lite, we are creating a topology and associating the same to speaker device. With this we are able to route the audio through the required path, and audio is playing fine. 

What we want to do is, we are having a recorded audio (with VOICE_IN_COMMUNICATION profile), when we play the audio through the any available player COPPs (topologies) or created COPPs the audio level (in dB) is very less. So we want to create a custom topology same as that of VOICE_RX_DEFAULT toplogy (used in voice communication) to make use of AVC/RVE and increaing the gain level. We are able to create the topology and associated with the device, With no success only silence is getting played.

"Also, you can use voice RX modules in audio path by creating a custom topology and associating it with the respective device in QACT Lite"

As you said we we can use the Voice RX modules in audio path, can we create a same topology as that of VOICE_RX_DEFAULT and use the same to play the audio. For the same to work properly do we need to modify any ADSP images or only updating ACDB files is fine??

Will update the ADSP logs soon.

• Up0
  • Down0
abhikrant sharma
Posted: Tue, 2014-10-14 21:19

Hello,

To create VOICE_RX_DEFAULT topology you will be using Qualcomm modules. These modules cannot be configured to topology using QACT Lite. With QACT Lite you can create new modules and add them to a new topology.

• Up0
  • Down0
pintu2727
Posted: Wed, 2014-10-15 02:42

Hi thank you for response, 

Atually I am trying to create a topology SAME as that of VOICE_RX_DEFAULT, using the existing (QCOM) Voice modules with QACT lite. I did not understand why we cannot use the qualcomm modules to create a topology. 

You mean to says that, we need to create our own modules to create new topology using HEXAGON.?

Is der any specific document or simple example which will explain about creating the voice topology to play the audio. ?

• Up0
  • Down0
abhikrant sharma
Posted: Tue, 2014-11-04 21:40

Yes. You need to create your own modules as QACT Lite doesnot offer functionality to use existing Qualcomm modules. It's meant to create new modules and topologies.

To use voice topology in audio path, you can create a voice topology as mentioned in Hexagon SDK documentation for voice path. Instead of assiciating the topology with voice COPP in device designer in QACT Lite, you need to assiciate it with audio COPP/POPP depending on use case.

• Up0
  • Down0
pintu2727
Posted: Thu, 2014-11-13 01:25

Hi Abhikrant,

What exactly the HEXAGON SDK provides for the audio or multimedia developers? If we wanto create our own modules we need to write each basic DSP functionalities (like FFT, basic filters, correlation convolution) needs to be implemented right.? Or is it provides any API related  to basic DSP functionalities?

Thank you. 

• Up0
  • Down0
abhikrant sharma
Posted: Thu, 2014-11-13 01:46

Hello,

Using Hexagon SDK, users can wrap around audio/voice processing features using APPI interface to plug it into Hexagon DSP. For basic functionalities like FFT, you can refer examples in Hexagon Tools ( Check C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_Tools\<Tools_version>examples folder). Developers are allowed to use powerful intrinsics to optimize their code.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.