Forums - DOES Adreno 430 PASSES TO PLAY STATION 3 XBOX 360 IN POWER AND GROSS?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
DOES Adreno 430 PASSES TO PLAY STATION 3 XBOX 360 IN POWER AND GROSS?
kruger866
Posted: Tue, 2015-04-07 06:06
Good and thanks for creating this great forum and good site for lovers of qualcomm and technology.
I must say I am from android more than ios, and I tell you the truth, from the adreno 200 nexus one of google I've gone through all the adreno and snapdragon processor, now I have my new lg flex 2 which has a snapdragon 810 and graph adreno 430.
Well, my question is whether the adreno 430 gpu snapdragon 810 really is comparable or exceeds the raw power of the play station 3 to 8 years, and have been looking for information about floating point calculations, gigaflops the calls, the adreno 430 mp6 at 600 mhz 2 on the lg flex 2 gives 388 gigaflops while the play station 3 gives about 240 gigaflops ... so in theory is already outdated, but we know not all the gigaflops hehe.
Someone who knows more than I could give me a orientacion¿? It is already the adreno 430 comparable to the top consoles seven years ago as the play station 3 or xbox 360¿? is that even higher in android is difficult to see games as well as the graphical detail of the consoles, but I think 10 the work you are doing with Qualcomm chips for mobile.
greetings and hope to answer
sorry for my english, i am spainsh
  • Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2015-04-09 13:20

Given the design and use case differences between a mobile system and a game console, including memory bandwidth and battery life, it’s simply not appropriate to make a one-to-one comparison. What’s important is that our Adreno GPUs provide the right features, and performance at appropriate power levels to allow many games designed for a gaming console space to be ported to and optimally run in a mobile space.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.