Forums - New Adreno 2xx Drivers for Kitkat KOT49H

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Adreno 2xx Drivers for Kitkat KOT49H
Oguzhan Yigit
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-11 02:27

Dear Qualcomm devs and engineers

4.4 is designed by google for low ram(512 mb) devices

but lots of android devices which have 512 mb ram are using old adreno 2xx graphic card

ım working to get 4.4 kitkat build for my android devices 

everything is running perfect but ı can still some graphical glitchies in somewhere(e.g browser)

ı think new chromium based webview (introduced in 4.4 by google) stuff is producing the glitchies but ım not %100 sure

also latest adreno drivers for 2xx(4.2 mr1 vanilla drivers) doesnt include EGL_KHR_colorspace extension (this is producing some other issues)

my question is:

will you publish new a2xx drivers for kitkat soon?

please make new drivers for us because if you publish new drivers, lots of mobile phone produces(samsung,sony,lg,htc...) can make kitkat for their older devices

thanx for everything

regards

• Up0
  • Down0
Oguzhan Yigit
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-11 07:19

@Dave Astle

Hlo Dave any chance will we get new drivers for 2xx??

Thanx

Regards

• Up0
  • Down0
jake.weinstein
Posted: Sat, 2014-05-17 16:33

No need to wait for drivers from Qualcomm.  Find a device with the same chipset and use their binaries if possible.  Could also be a kernel issue you're having, in which you need to update your drivers to either kk_2.7 or mako and use binaries that correspond.

• Up0
  • Down0
Oguzhan Yigit
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-18 02:28

thanx for the answer mate

yeah at the moment ım using kk 2.7 branch adreno libs from another compatible device

everything is good at the moment (ım not sure but screen glitchies issues are fixed now)

but when ı looked into log

ı saw these warnings

W <get_panel_settings : 3802> Android framework reported version 2. So, don't force ES30

W <gsl_ldd_control : 393>: ioctl fd 60 code 0xc01c0934 (IOCTL_KGSL_GPUMEM_ALLOC_ID) failed: errno 25 Unknown ioctl code

there are no other warning,errors from these two warning

where is the problem(gpu drivers in kernel? or something other?)?

how can ı fix?

thanx

regards

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2014-05-20 12:20

Currently, our plan is to continue to release monthly driver updates for a limited (but growing) number of Adreno 300-series based devices. There is no plan currently to support Adreno 200-series in these releases.

• Up0
  • Down0
Oguzhan Yigit
Posted: Wed, 2014-05-21 04:38

But why?

even caf msm kernel is including a2xx updates

and also as i said in my first message kitkat is supporting low ram devices(512 mb ram) but low ram devices have a2xx series

ı think qualcomm must continue to work on a2xx series for kitkat

there must be last support from qcom for a2xx series

regards

• Up0
  • Down0
Emil (taiji2078)
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2014-05-23 22:11

Dear Qualcomm devs,

I just created this account out of desperation ... I have rooted my Huawei Y300 phone (bought in 2013, having an Adreno 203 GPU). I installed a custom ROM because my updated apps were not working anymore on the old OS, only to find out that the only thing that isn't going well is the GPU driver. For this, we cannot use KitKat with this phone model because we cannot see any new fonts, we cannot play any games, the performance of this dual processor phone is halved because of the lack of video drivers.

I already wrote to the Huawei, but no reply. No hope there.

Nobody on our forums seems to be able to help us with this. What could be a simple problem for you, for the rest of us is impossible to solve.

Please help our communities from Modaco and XDA forums.

Thank you very much !

• Up0
  • Down0
Emil (taiji2078)
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2014-05-23 22:13

OR ...

if your time is so limited that you cannot help us with this problem, at least tell us what KitKat updated driver is 100% compatible with the Adreno 203 GPU and can be used instead.

Thank you again !

(sorry but I didn't find the "edit" button)

• Up0
  • Down0
SH3H1
Posted: Fri, 2014-05-23 23:24
Qualcomm Devs, There are lots of people dying for getting latest Android™ OS on their phone,but lucky people like me have a lot of Kitkat build even having a phone with adreno 203 but it lacks full hardware acceleration ! The drivers aren't updated hence the phone is laggy,slow :( There is a lot people using phone with adreno 2xx series And Nokia X series android devices have Adreno 203 and it's primary android device from Nokia. There should be an update for atleast Adreno™ 203 because it's more popular! My device is a Huawei Y300 and is perfect with kitkat but lacks HWA ! Please guys..,know the needs of people and provide the drivers ! We need your help Regards
  • Up0
  • Down0
Quantronium S.G.T
Posted: Sat, 2014-05-24 01:48
Please help us with the Adreno 2xx drivers , don't turn your backs on your loyal customers, please please please! #please
  • Up0
  • Down0
j-beltran
Posted: Sat, 2014-05-24 09:42

Please. It is really needed in our devices that the driver of Adreno 2xx be updated. Don´t leave us out from your support. Please 

• Up0
  • Down0
Emil (taiji2078)
Profile picture
Posted: Sat, 2014-05-24 14:59

There isn't any device with Adreno 203 that is updated to KitKat 4.4.2 so far as I know ...

We really need some help here. For you devs / engineers is an easy job to integrate some KitKat libs, since you know this technology inside out ... at least tell us what is the Adreno 203 compatible GPU that has already 4.4.2 drivers and I won't bother this forums again.

Thank you !

• Up0
  • Down0
Emil (taiji2078)
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 00:32

Seriously, 

even if I buy a simple PC component like a webcam (15 Euro or smth), I have updated drivers for it, on every operating system ... Windows XP,7,8, etc. Why don't you update the drivers for your hardware ??? 

I will NEVER buy again a device that has Qualcomm hardware in it. Your lack of support is just insulting. Not even a reply to our demands is the way you treat your customers ? Ok, since you're not PR, I guess you don't give a S//i7 about our questions.

Bye.

(still waiting here for a reply. my next step this week will be to write directly to your company administration about this problem and see if there is a way to force you do your job)

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 02:00

Given the number of people with only 1 post that have replied here, is it safe to assume that this was posted on some other forum and people were encouraged to post here?

All I can do is promise that this request will be brought to the attention of the appropriate people. I cannot promise what - if any - action will be taken on it.

Emil, your tone is inappropriate. My job is to create developer tools, not to build and release drivers. I replied here because I was called out by name, and I conveyed what I know of our current plans.

• Up0
  • Down0
Emil (taiji2078)
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 06:49

Thank you for your reply. This is a problem discussed by hundreds of people on Modaco and XDA forums. I don't represent them in any way. I'm just one of them. 

Sorry that I got pissed, but the lack of response disturbed me. I only needed an answer. I understand that you have work to do and I respect you in every possible way. 

The problem is with the direction of the company you work for. They should support and upgrade the driver software for their older devices.

If you cannot work to update the older hardware because you have new projects, then we speak to them in order to make you work for the project - in a good way "make" you - this is your job, right ? You work on the projects they assign you too. Sorry for being so direct ... I hope it's not disturbing.

If your Qualcomm won't support older hardware, I respect its decision. Also I'm taking my decision to change my hardware vendor if Qualcomm cannot offer support anymore. What would you do instead of me ? :)

Sorry if my english isn't very good ... it's not my mother language. I hope you understood what I wanted to say. I'm pissed on Qualcomm not on the people they are working for the company. You do what your boss is telling you to do.

Thank you again for your reply. I hope something can be done even for the buyers of last year.

Have a great day ! (I won't write any e-mails - I'm only waiting for your answer here). 

• Up0
  • Down0
Oguzhan Yigit
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 08:37

hey emil

there is no need to be rude! behave yourself!

ı didnt create this thread for forcing qualcomm engineers to make new a2xx adreno libs

ı just want information about will be there new adreno libs for a2xx and @Dave kindly answered my question

Please stop spamming! (please we need new adreno libs.....why dont you update a2xx adreno libs...ı will never buy qcom based phone again... blah blah blah..)

and also if qcom release new adreno libs for a2xx ım %100 sure you cant use that new libs for your phone because new adreno libs require kgsl update in kernel side and your kernel must be ION based

if your kernel doesnt handle new adreno libs, then you just get black screen on boot(so you cant use new adreno libs)

@Dave ı know there is currently no plan for updating adreno libs for a2xx but can you contact Driver Team of qcom? ı just want confirmation or promise

and also @Dave there are enough spam messages in this thread please close this thread

regards

• Up0
  • Down0
Quantronium S.G.T
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 11:06
We've been thrown under the bus. Left outside to dry. Abounded.
  • Up0
  • Down0
Emil (taiji2078)
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 11:51

In my case, if one patient is sick, I treat him then I FOLLOW UP his situation. 

In your case, you create a hardware, then you follow up its future development (that would mean drivers, right?).

This is only doing the right job. Nothing more.

If you would come to me in hospital to treat you, would it be nice to ignore you ? No. You didn't ignore me, so I thank you again Dave. Sure, its not valid my comparision, since I didn't acutally came to Qualcomm headquarters ... and nobody is actually sick :)) ... but you get the point.

And no, we don't close the hospital if one patient is still sick after being treated once. But well ... over the internet everything is possible, so go ahead and close the thread. I don't mind. Anyway, if you decide to close it, please also delete it.

Dear Oguzhan Yigit, I guess you don't know what being rude means. Asking your rights from a company, in a nice but decise manner, isn't wrong in my oppinion. I don't have anything against Dave or others people working for Q. The company should officially support its products.in the future. I didn't buy a single use phone ... I plan to use it for at least two years. I bought a low end phone because my daughter keeps breaking them and I don't want to throw out the window 500 euro every 3 months. But this is my choice and my problem buying Huawei and Qualcomm. The device is working great and I'm really happy about it. The only thing not working is the KitKat GPU driver. If Microsoft is updating his Windows operating system, every hardware producer is also updating drivers ... is it really so difficult to do it also for mobile phones ? I guess not ... it's only sales policy I think, to force us into buying newer devices.

Anyway, this turned into much more than I expected. Sorry again for insisting too much. I'm spamming already so yes, please close and DELETE this thread. I'm using too much time already with this matter, that isn't even my "war" after all ... just came here sent by others from forums.

Have a great day and a good life. I will cancel my account now. 

Bye all.

• Up0
  • Down0
jake.weinstein
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 13:47

Have you guys tried the blobs from the S3 KitKat release?  Typically the binaries work on devices of the same series (2xx, 3xx).

• Up0
  • Down0
Oguzhan Yigit
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-25 15:06
Yeah xboxfanj im using sprint s3's kitkat based adreno libs for my adreno205 based phone at the moment İ also synced my kgsl driver in kernel to kk2,7 stable brach kernel Everything smooth and perfect at the moment :) İ also noticed before using kitkat based adreno libs im facing various graphical glitchies but after using new kitkat based adreno libs all glitchies gone :) İ hope s3 will get official android 5.0 update then we can use their updated adreno libs hahaha :) :) Regards
  • Up0
  • Down0
jhicks Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2014-05-27 09:39

I'm the graphics driver team member who's responsible for making the monthly Nexus Adreno updates, and I can confirm Dave's statement that we have no plans to release updated Adreno 200-series drivers. I see that Oguzhan has reported some success with his methods, so there seems to be some hope, even though Qualcomm can't officially support rooted/customized devices. Although we do like to spend as much effort as we are able to support developers with updated drivers, it is ultimately up to individual device manufacturers to decide what Android versions will be supported on their devices.

• Up0
  • Down0
Topic locked

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.