Forums - Windows Phone 8 automated mipmap generation

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Windows Phone 8 automated mipmap generation
raducarlig
Posted: Thu, 2014-04-03 07:46

Hello,

I have an Windows Phone 8 app in which I use automated mipmap generation. I managed to integrate the adreno profiler ( include the D3D11_AP.h header and cpp files and D3D11_AP_WP8.dll ) into my project ,it succeeds to create the textures(with automated mipmap generation enabled and disabled) using the CreateTexture2D( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476521(v=vs.85).aspx ) but when it gets to the UpdateSubresource( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476486(v=vs.85).aspx ) method it crashes :

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D: D3D11_RESOURCE_MISC_GENERATE_MIPS requires that the D3D11_BIND_RENDER_TARGET & D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE flag be set. [ STATE_CREATION ERROR #103: CREATETEXTURE2D_INVALIDMISCFLAGS]

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D: Returning E_INVALIDARG, meaning invalid parameters were passed. [ STATE_CREATION ERROR #104: CREATETEXTURE2D_INVALIDARG_RETURN]

This only happens when I include the adreno profiler, without it the app doesn't crash and it renders what it should. So this means either there is a problem with how I am using or how I integrated the profiler ( although I followed the steps in the documentation ) or the problem comes from the D3D11_AP_WP8.dll .

If I disable the automated mipmap generation on textures, there is no crash. I manage to connect to the app, but I need all the textures in order to profile.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a known issue? Does a workaround exist?

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2014-04-08 07:14

We'll need to investigate this issue further.  There are a number of DX items with the Adreno Profiler that we are actively addressing.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.