Forums - Adreno Profiler GPU frequency clocks per/second

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno Profiler GPU frequency clocks per/second
wxgatpku
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 01:54

Hi,

I'm trying to profile GPU usage during runtime. I had Adreno Profiler set up, opened a graph, dragged two graph metrics ("clock/second" and "% busy") to the graph, profiled for dozens of seconds, then exported the data to a csv file.

I thought the "clock/second" should be the Hz number of GPU frequency. However, in the "clock/second" column, I got Decimal  numbers  , which is absolutely not GPU frequency number.  The GPU freq should be available frequencies of system file /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/gpu_available_frequencies but I got  frequencies  which I cannot find in the system file.

Does anyone know what does that metric mean?

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2015-02-12 11:14

The clock/second shown is a calculated value obtained by counting the clocks and dividing by a measured time.  Thev value is a decimal value because of the division.  It will not match the available frequencies because it is basically an average over the time period.

If you could share the device and values that you see displayed in the profiler graph, we can comment further.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.