Forums - Adreno Profiler Permission denied

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno Profiler Permission denied
wxgatpku
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 01:39

when I run Adreno Profiler on my Ubuntu, it seems working fine and I can connect to my phone and profile apps.  But my end terminal print some permission denied information as follows:

/system/bin/sh: can't create /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrnap: Permission denied

/system/bin/sh: can't create /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrscale/trustzone/governor: Permission denied

How to solve this problem ?  I want to know if  this will  influence normal use of Adreno Profiler, thanks~

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 08:24

Sorry that you're having problems with the Adreno Profiler.  What device are you trying to connect with and what build is installed on it?  Is there anything else about the device's configuration that would be non-standard?

thanks...

• Up0
  • Down0
wxgatpku
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 18:00

My device is  xiaomi 2S in China and the device's configuration as follows.

CPU:Snapdragon APQ8064 Pro

GPU: Adreno320

Kernel:3.4.0-g52db9c3-01073-gcb85193

Also, my device has rooted and  could you tell me is there any thing wrong with my phone when using Adreno Profiler?

thanks~

• Up0
  • Down0
wxgatpku
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-26 18:13

My phone is xiaomi 2S in China and the device's configuration as follows:

CPU: Snapdragon APQ8064 Pro

GPU: Adreno320

Kernel: 3.4.0

Also, my device has rooted and could you tell me is there anything wrong with my phone when using Adreno Profiler?

thansk~

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2015-02-18 15:39

It's a bit difficult to debug, given we don't have the device to verify on.

One possible suggestion, given the permission error, would be to see if you can get the /sys/class/kgsl folder to be writeable using chmod or an equivalent command.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.