Forums - Is there any plan on OSX version snapdragon complier?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there any plan on OSX version snapdragon complier?
banxian
Posted: Sun, 2014-05-04 09:29

offical ndk complier converaged both win32, linux, osx platform.

I noticed win32 and linux is already supportted. Is there some reason qualcomm can't releasean osx one?

I don't know why my search on qualcomm website show me "Results -9 - 0 of 0 for: LLVM OSX", it's maybe another bug for their search engnine.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dakip Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2014-05-08 13:33

We are receiving increased interest in supporting OSX as a development host, but have not made a decision yet to do this. It will not be in the next release (3.5) though. Could you tell me more about your use? Do you primairly use OSX for your mobile app development?

• Up0
  • Down0
banxian
Posted: Wed, 2014-07-30 16:54

I use snapdragon compliter to generate assembly file (by save temps compiler arg), and then make groovy changes on generated .s functions to prevent success disassembly, not even decompilian.

I give up mobile app development somedays, currently I decide to make support to other mobile app developers by my protect solution.

I am primairly using console 2 + ndk for android .s build, console 2 + cyginwin + snapdragon for generate .s, VMWare on windows for ios payload, I also have a rmbp but only for logical signal capture, not for code writting, because there no Source Insight / VisualAssist / CodeRush equivalent under osx.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dakip Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2014-07-31 08:57

No change since the last time you asked. We periodically get asked about OSX and are considering it but we have not yet added it to the roadmap. It would be helpful if you told us more about your use of OSX? Do you primairly use OSX for your mobile app development?

• Up0
  • Down0
rafaelbfs
Posted: Wed, 2014-10-22 08:12

I believe everybody using OS X that posted to this group use the forementioned system to develop Mobile Apps.

Was it added to the roadmap?

• Up0
  • Down0
ShadowStar
Posted: Thu, 2015-07-02 04:04

I have developed Cavium OCTEON SoC on OS X more than 4 years. I have built the toolchain by myself, base on the source code which released by Cavium.

And I can also build the Snapdragon's toolchain if you release the source code.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.