Forums - Install linux-headers

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Install linux-headers
nadave
Posted: Wed, 2022-07-27 13:37

Hi All,

I'm new to the RB5, so, please bear with me if the question is too basic. I've failed to get answer to this through web/forum searching.

I have a device driver that needs to get compiled with the linux-header package.

1. I was unable to 'apt install' the relevant linux-headers-$(uname -r) to the RB5 (Flashed with QRB5165.UBUN.1.0-211118)

2. Then, I tried to download this kernel and headres directly from kernel.org, but these contained some binaries that didn't match the aarch64 architecture.

3. I've built a YOCTO image that already contained my compiled kernel object, but I'm unable to put the device into the fastboot mode :(

What is the proper way to compile kernel objects (preferably on the Ubuntu image)?

Thanks,

<NE>

• Up0
  • Down0
wilmer.garzon
Posted: Mon, 2022-08-22 07:27

Hi,

I am also interested in this issue

• Up0
  • Down0
Mayur
Posted: Wed, 2022-08-24 08:29
hi,

Can you please let me know what is the driver/device you are building the kernel with?

Do you mean you have built RB5 firmware Yocto image with your driver recipe included?

Here are the steps to put RB5 into fastboot mode:
  1. Power off the device (unplug power cable and USB cable)
  2. Plug in the power on device (12V)
  3. Press and hold F_DL key, and connect board to PC via a type-C USB (It will switch the device to EDL mode)
  4. Release F_DL key after the board is connected to PC

You can find a more detailed step in the sdk manager README file. You can download the sdkmanager here 

Thanks & Regards.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.