Forums - Can't start after flash

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't start after flash
jackmess
Posted: Thu, 2022-07-14 03:45

Dear Experts,

After flashing using "turbox_flash_flat.sh", the RB5 can't be booted up. The board has no response even I pressed the button for a long time.

And once I connect the USB into a Ubuntu PC and code "lsusb" command, it shows the board is always in the 9008 mode(QDL).

By the way, I email to thundercomm for the support. But they just ignore my request. So I can just wish your help. 

Thanks in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
mistry Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2022-07-14 12:49

Hi Jack,

Can you please share details on your host dev environment?
Seems like you are using an Ubuntu PC, is it Ubuntu 18.04? 
If so, you can use SDK Manager to flash the build on to the device.
You can download SDK Manager from thundercomm website.

I am not sure what is "turbo_flash_flat.sh", Can you please elaborate?

• Up0
  • Down0
jackmess
Posted: Thu, 2022-07-14 20:35

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I can't use the SDK manager directly. Due to the security restriction of our campany, I can't login in my accout in the SDK manager. So they recommend me use the source code and build it myself. The style is like:

http://doc.thundercomm.com/turbox_doc_demo/documents/common/software/sof...

The tool I use is similar but with RB5 image.

My environment is Ubuntu 18.04 on PC.

About this issue, do you think it is a failed flashing or the hardware error?

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
mistry Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2022-07-18 07:50
I think it failed flashing since the device is still in EDL/QDL mode. I do not have access to the Thundercomm document link that you posted. I will reach out to you to see what is an alternative for you to get started.
  • Up0
  • Down0
jackmess
Posted: Mon, 2022-07-18 18:45

Thanks for your help.

I will try to flash the image by MULTIDL TOOL today.

• Up0
  • Down0
jackmess
Posted: Tue, 2022-07-19 18:42

Thanks for your help. Finally, I save the board by MULTIDL_TOOL, though I have failed 24 times of flashing. Sometimes the port became disconnected soon after the flashing started or it failed due to other reasons. But after several times of reboot of my PC and the board, the flashing succeeded. 

By the way, the image I flashed is "FlatBuild_TurboX-RB5_xx.xx_LU1.0.l.debug.Post-CS5.r003006" and I don't know the difference between it and "FlatBuild_TurboX-RB5_xx.xx_LU1.0.l.perf.Post-CS5.r003006".

Anyway, thanks for your support.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.