Forums - Camera control using I2C

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Camera control using I2C
priti.kumari
Posted: Wed, 2022-06-08 02:58

Hello,

My planing to use RB5  for my project where 5 camera is used. The each camera have 2 lane CSI and one I2C for controlling the camera.

I have following questions.

1. What is the BSP used in the RB5. Is it android or ubuntu and kernel version of the BSP?

2. What is the modification required in BSP(Driver and Device tree) to add support of 5 camera?

3. I am able to understand the camera connection from HS1, HS2 and HS3 but how can I control those camera using I2C? 

Looking forward for your support.

Thanks and regards

Priti Kumari

• Up0
  • Down0
ss.pandiri
Posted: Wed, 2022-06-15 05:45

hello,

RB5 is based on : Ubuntu 18.04, LInux distribution based off Yocto Dunfell, Kernel 4.19, ROS 2. Please see full specs here

https://www.qualcomm.com/content/dam/qcomm-martech/dm-assets/documents/q...

It supports different types of cameras out-of-the-box for which drivers are included in firmware. 

Please take guidance from Thundercomm/Einfochips (vendors) for driver development of any specific camera you need to support 

thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.