Forums - Opencv and Camera HAL3

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Opencv and Camera HAL3
kadirdogan
Posted: Fri, 2022-01-28 04:51

Hi,

I'm trying to get simultaneous video from two cameras with opencv using RB5 Vision Kit. I compiled opencv with LU with GStreamer support. I can make video from Opencv with GStreamer with the following commands.

Main Camera:   cap.open("qtiqmmfsrc camera=0 name=qmmf ! video/x-raw, format=NV12, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1 !  videoconvert !  appsink", cv::CAP_GSTREAMER);
 Tracking Camera: cap.open("qtiqmmfsrc camera=1 ! video/x-raw, format=NV12, width=1280, height=720, framerate=30/1 !  videoconvert !  appsink", cv::CAP_GSTREAMER);

Can I get two videos simultaneously using Opencv and Camera HAL3 instead of GStreamer here?

• Up0
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Tue, 2022-02-15 13:27

HI,

Qualcomm's camera framework is not standard V4L2 framework and opencv can not be open directly. there are currently 2 suggestions:
1.Use QC's own CV library. FastCV is connected to Qualcomm's multimedia framework
2.Use Gstreamer to obtain camera data stream and develop a plug -in to call openCV library
thanks!

• Up1
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.