Forums - How to connect MIPI CSI camera HS interface

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to connect MIPI CSI camera HS interface
max.goncharuk
Posted: Fri, 2021-11-05 17:30

Hello,

I'm pretty newbie with this kit (RB5) and working in compute vision area.

I do see a lot of MIPI CSI cameras on the market with 15-pin MIPI CSI2 interface. And I have two questions:

1. Is there any list of cameras which are compatible with RB5 kit?

2. Could you please guide me with any convertor which I could use to connect 2x 15-pin MIPI CSI cameras on one end and 60-pin HS1,2,3 on another end?

many thanks in advance,

Max.

• Up0
  • Down0
Mayur
Posted: Mon, 2021-11-08 22:17

Hi max, 

we suggest following cameras for RB5 (Computer Vision)

1. ISP Camera - provided by  RB5 Vision kit (https://www.thundercomm.com/app_en/product/1590131656070623 - You can find in Purchase tab)

2. USB Camera - Any USB camera will work or intel realsense d435i (can be also used as USB camera)

Thanks & regards,

Mayur

• Up0
  • Down0
max.goncharuk
Posted: Thu, 2021-11-11 01:48

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for your feedback.

And I'm sorry but didn't got your answer on Q2. My task is to connect 4 MIPI CSI cameras to RB5 and I could do it using HS2 and HS3 interfacese (both are supporting MIPI CSI 4-lane).

So, I need to have kind of expansion board or adapter which I could connect 2 cameras on one side and HS2 interfaces on another side. And in similar way with HS3 interface. Any suggestions here?

Regards, Max.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.