Forums - Using FastCV in an OpenCV project

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Using FastCV in an OpenCV project
pe.ostad
Posted: Mon, 2021-09-20 02:27

Hi Everyone,

I am writing an object detection app using OpenCV. I intent to use FastCV functions for preprocessing the image. when I compile the program,it gives me the following error:

fcv.cpp:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `fcvSetOperationMode'

It is neccesary to compile the program using Hexagon SDK, or is it possible to just include the fastcv.h and libfastcv.a files in the project and compile it?

Thanks in advance.

Peyman

• Up0
  • Down0
hs.chaya
Posted: Thu, 2021-10-07 04:38

Hi,

Below steps to compile and run fastcv c++ application with fastcv.h and libfastcv.a file

1. Download FastCV SDK  v1.7.1 for Linux Embedded using below link
https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/fast-cv-sdk/tools

2. Use below commands  to install FastCV binary file fastcv-installer-linuxembedded-1-7-1.bin.

chmod 777 fastcv-installer-linuxembedded-1-7-1.bin

./fastcv-installer-linuxembedded-1-7-1.bin

3. Use 64-bit libfastcv.a from libs provided in the fastcv sdk (fastcv-1-7-1_LinuxEmbedded\lib\64-bit\libfastcv.a).

4. Use fastcv.h from inc provided in the fastcv sdk (fastcv-1-7-1_LinuxEmbedded\inc\fastcv.h).

5. Download gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz using below link and extract the tar file

http://releases.linaro.org/archive/14.11/components/toolchain/binaries/aarch64-linux-gnu

6. Use below command to compile fastcv c++ application

gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-g++ fastcv_application.cpp -o fastcv_exe -lpthread -lc -ldl -L. libfastcv.a

7. Push the fastcv_exe binary file in the target:

adb push fastcv_exe /usr/bin/

8. Change bin permissions and run fastcv_exe executable:

adb shell chmod 777 /usr/bin/fastcv_exe

adb shell /usr/bin/fastcv_exe

Thanks

*/

*/ */ */

*/ */

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.