Forums - Error happend when generating system image, You may have encountered Network connection failed or a build Environment error

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error happend when generating system image, You may have encountered Network connection failed or a build Environment error
wangh
Posted: Wed, 2021-05-12 16:59

I am setting up a brand new RB5, and following the setup steps but have an error which i dont know how to get over: 

Start generating system image...

/lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1: No such file or directory
THIRD_PARTY_TARGET_SOURCELIST:
THIRD_PARTY_TARGET_SOURCELIST not set

Error happend: You may have encountered Network connection failed or a build Environment error
If an environment error, Please check your build environment.
If an Internet connection timeout. RETURN to MAIN MENU directly, run Step 1 again

Checking system.img ...
ls: cannot access '/local/mnt/workspace/rb5/sdk/QRB5165.1.0.0-210320/rootfs/*.ext4': No such file or directory

system image repack failed, check errors above
>

The previous steps are all fine...
  • Up0
  • Down0
kevin.dai
Posted: Fri, 2021-05-14 12:47

Hi Wangh

Are you trying to build RB5-LU on your build machine (Unbuntu 18.04)?
Please let us know what you did.

If you built your RB5 LU, have you set up your building environment on your Ubuntu machine?

$ sudo apt-get install texinfo chrpath gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu libarchive-dev ssh repo libselinux-dev fakechroot g++-aarch64-linux-gnu libiberty-dev qemu-user-static g++ gawk gcc make fakeroot libpseudo
$ sudo rm -rf /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
$ sudo ln -sf /usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/ld-2.27.so /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
$ sudo ln -sf /bin/bash /bin/sh

• Up0
  • Down0
rsmith
Posted: Mon, 2022-06-27 04:44

Has this ever been resolved? I am on Ubuntu 20.04, just tried this and am getting the same exact error as was reported more than 1 year ago?

I *AM* trying to build RB5-LU on your build machine (Unbuntu 20.04)?

I set up my build environment with the following commands:

$ sudo apt-get install texinfo chrpath gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu libarchive-dev ssh repo libselinux-dev fakechroot g++-aarch64-linux-gnu libiberty-dev qemu-user-static g++ gawk gcc make fakeroot libpseudo
$ sudo rm -rf /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
$ sudo ln -sf /usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/ld-2.27.so /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1
$ sudo ln -sf /bin/bash /bin/sh

These are the errors!

THIRD_PARTY_TARGET_SOURCELIST: 

THIRD_PARTY_TARGET_SOURCELIST not set

Error happend: You may have encountered Network connection failed or a build Environment error

If an environment error, Please check your build environment.

If an Internet connection timeout. RETURN to MAIN MENU directly, run Step 1 again

Checking system.img ...

ls: cannot access '/home/parallels/QRB5165.UBUN.1.0-211112/rootfs/*.ext4': No such file or directory

system image repack failed, check errors above

• Up0
  • Down0
rsmith
Posted: Thu, 2022-06-30 14:31

Switched to Ubuntu 18.04 and build issues went away. I tried to to follow the thundercomm instructions to use docker on ubuntu 20.04 and that gave the same error. Will switch to Linar as I need a more recent kernel.

• Up0
  • Down0
jennifer.caballero
Posted: Mon, 2024-01-08 14:58

Hello,

I also encountered this issue. Turns out that the sdkmanager was creating a symlink to an unexisting binary. To resolve the issue you can follow the steps documented at: https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php/Qualcomm_Robotics_RB5/Soft...

Jennifer

www.ridgerun.com

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.