Forums - RB5 as UVC provider

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RB5 as UVC provider
jeff.bondy
Posted: Thu, 2021-04-22 08:22

Is there an example of how to get the RB5 to behave like a UVC device to attach to another Linux host? For example on the Pi Zero without a custom kernel one sets dtoverlay=dwc2  in a config.txt for OTG support, reboot and then runs: sudo modprobe g_webcam;
./uvc-gadget -d

It seems that g_webcam is not configured in the stock kernel. Is there an example to use configfs? or steps to get, reconfigure and recompile the kernel?

• Up0
  • Down0
kevin.dai
Posted: Mon, 2021-04-26 09:46

I will check with system engineer and give you update soon.

Thanks

kevin

• Up0
  • Down0
kevin.dai
Posted: Thu, 2021-05-06 14:11

Hi Jeff,

I asked Camera guys, they don't undertand your question clearly. Can you describle your use case more clearly, or provide a link for simlar use cae online?

Thanks

Kevin

• Up0
  • Down0
darragh
Posted: Tue, 2021-06-15 15:27

He would like to use the RB5 + Vision Kit as a "Webcam" basicially can you plug in your computer to the usb-c port of the RB5, it runs some software that forwards the vision kit video stream over the USB-C to the computer. This is then presented as a UVC compatible device (just like a usb webcam) 
simple as that, I'd like to try that to. 

Is that possible with software running on the RB5 to forward the live video stream from the vision kit over the usb interface? 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.