Forums - RB5 not booting unless Connected via USB

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
RB5 not booting unless Connected via USB
michael.riffel
Posted: Mon, 2021-04-19 02:22

Hello,

I was able to set up my RB5 to create an Access Point on boot up, but if the USB cable is not plugged in then it won't boot up. Alternatively, I can press the power button for ~ 5s, then it will start normally, but if I just plug it in, nothing happens. I can see on my power supply that something happens the moment I plug in a cable (current consumption rises from ~70ma (stable) to 100 to 250 mA)
This behaviour is rather counterproductive for my application as I need a remote access for which I do not have to reboot the RB5 by hand.

Do you have any idea where the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
  • Up0
  • Down0
michael.riffel
Posted: Mon, 2021-04-19 02:35

Okay, I found the answer :D

https://developer.qualcomm.com/qualcomm-robotics-rb5-kit/quick-start-gui...

This page explains, that DIP_SW_0[3] is responsible for this kind of behaviour. Setting it to ON enables auto power-up. Maybe this helps somebody else who experiences the same problem...

Have a great day!

• Up0
  • Down0
kevin.dai
Posted: Tue, 2021-04-20 10:16

Yes, you can hold on "power on" button 3 ~ 5 seconds, it will boot up.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.