Forums - RB5 thermal-engine

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RB5 thermal-engine
andy.martin1
Posted: Wed, 2021-04-14 06:58

I am using the RB5 development platform with the QRB5165 module and the Ubuntu distribution from the Quickstart guide. I am doing some thermal and power tests by running multiple instances of "yes > /dev/null &". The CPU core temperatures go up to 95C. The clock rate doesn't change, but there is some kind of throttling going on because power usage drops.

The Qualcomm document "80-N9649-1_D_Thermal Tuning Procedure.pdf" talks about the thermal-engine service and how it controls the CPU speed. However, this does not appear to be running on the provided Ubuntu image. How do I install and start thermal-engine? Or is there a different service for Ubuntu?

Thanks,
Andy

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: RB5 thermal-engine Best Answer
mita.rathod
Posted: Tue, 2021-04-20 12:00

Hi Andy,

You can use the thermal core feature included in Kernel. Please refer to Document 80-P9301-113 . contact us if you don't have access  to this docs.
Hope this helps!
Mita

• Up0
  • Down0
mike.rawding
Posted: Thu, 2021-10-07 14:09

Hi All,

Any idea where I can find the thermal tuning procedure documents you mentioned. I am currently doing some cooling solution testing and would like a convient way to test. Thank you in advance for the help!

• Up0
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Mon, 2021-10-11 16:24

Hello customer,
Document:80-P9301-113 is available on createpoint(https://createpoint.qti.qualcomm.com/)

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.