Forums - GPIO /dev/tty* equivalence to access UART through screen

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
GPIO /dev/tty* equivalence to access UART through screen
22imonreal
Posted: Wed, 2021-03-17 02:58

Hello,

I am trying to access the UART0 and UART1 serial ports on the Low Speed Expansion Connector 1 on the Qualcomm Robotics RB5 Development Kit through screen, but I do not know what /dev/* interface each of the LSEC1 ports correspond to.

I have managed to connect to UART1 by setting the Dip Switch button 2 OFF and then using

screen /dev/console <baud_rate> 8N1

However, that solution is not optimal. Where or how would I find which /dev/tty* correspond to each port?

Any help will be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
kevin.dai
Posted: Wed, 2021-04-21 13:52
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 23 01:45 ttyHS0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/998000.qcom,qup_uart/tty/ttyHS0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 23 01:45 ttyMSM0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/a90000.qcom,qup_uart/tty/ttyMSM0

UART1  --> ttyHS0
UART0 --> ttyM0

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.