Forums - Request for Feedback

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Request for Feedback
mistry Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2021-02-17 16:59

We are working on improving the developer experience for our Qualcomm Robotics RB5 development kit, and we would love to hear from you to get feedback from our community.

• What types of projects are you planning to develop with the development platform?
  • What NEW features would you like to see added to the platform?
  • Is there a Sample App we could have provided that would have helped you get started?

Your feedback will help us create more resources and sample apps for the platform.

You can find some of these resources on Qualcomm Developer Network and sample apps posted on GitHub here.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experience.

• Up0
  • Down0
philipp
Posted: Sun, 2021-02-21 16:44

Some ideas perhaps:

- Example involving the 5G Mezzanine board

- How-to for creating a custom vision mezzaine with different camera support (e.g., maximizing out the 7 camera support that the chip supports)

Thanks,

P

• Up0
  • Down0
zmonteci
Posted: Wed, 2021-04-07 22:36

I am working on running some transfer learning applications, and ultimately use the RB5 as an aggregator of new data to do on device transfer learning training.  I have been trying out different applications from the github page and have been struggling to get them to run following the directions given. I think that more information on the readme would be helpful as well as what output is expected with pictures.  

• Up0
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Thu, 2021-04-15 12:40

Thankyou customer for your feedback!
To provide better service , would you please provide what sample app is referred here and what information  you are looking for!

• Up0
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Thu, 2021-04-15 12:46

Thankyou customer for your feedback!
To provide better service , would you please provide what sample app is referred here and what information  you are looking for!

• Up0
  • Down0
pe.ostad
Posted: Mon, 2021-09-13 01:23

Hello,

I could not find any sample apps which cover working with ToF Camera, Either accessed from qtiqmmfsrc plugin or directly.

I know there is a test app for ToF, but what I mean is an actual App that uses ToF for a specific purpose ( Object detection, distance calculation, etc..). This helps us to know where to begin.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
joe.g.sandom
Posted: Tue, 2021-10-12 14:35

Hi, I've just started working with the RB5 kit and I'm looking for some more detailed information on how the ISP works. For example, if we wanted to port a custom image sensor to the RB5 platform and integrate with the ISP. 

Is there a repository for the ISP source code or for the custom kernel used for the RB5 or is this all proprietary? Any information would be helpful.

Additionally, is there a way to test which formats are supported by the camera? For example when it's a v4l2 sensor a simple query to the dev node would show the format. However, I'm not sure if this is possible with the RB5 camera. Please clarify! Thank you

• Up0
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Mon, 2021-10-25 10:18

Hello customer,

ISP source code is proprietery code. No method foor now to understand the supported format of the camera

• Up0
  • Down0
jackmess
Posted: Sun, 2022-07-24 23:15

Hi,

In fact, I need a example or tutorial project fo AI model deploymen. Specifically, I want to develope something that it can run my own model on the baord. For this requirement, I need to know:

1. how to get the input from the on-board camera,

2. how to preprocess the inpur frame

3. how to run the model on DSP(Hexagon)

4. how to postprocess the result

5. how to show the result in detail by whether Gstreamer or OpenCV

Currently, I can get some answers from different sample project but I think a intergrated and detailed tutorial project will explain all of them more clear.

Thanks. 

• Up0
  • Down0
mbauroth
Posted: Fri, 2023-04-21 11:47

Hello mistry,
wouldn't it be better to first make the existing stuff ready to use, rework and enhance documentation and most important from all, start to frequently answer the questions in this forum just in time? I was browsing just for interest through some of the questiosn only to see, that they contain the same questions and problems I have in mind and the answers are missing or not coming to the point. I guess you will loose a lot of interested people in this process.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.