Forums - 802.11r Fast roaming feature

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
802.11r Fast roaming feature
francis.tj
Posted: Mon, 2023-04-03 23:31

Hi,

I am working on the 802.11r Fast roaming feature on a wifi chip based on the QCA9377 SDIO variant.We are using qcacld 2.0 as the driver with linux kernel 4.4 and wpa_supplicant version 2.10 in our system.
Enabled the 802.11r Feature in the configuration file (qcom_cfg.ini) and configured the threshold RSSI for scanning as well as switching.
But we can only see the Legacy Fast Roaming (LFR) working while we move from one AP to another, this happens when the RSSI is around -88dBm to -91dBm (Which is not my desired value).This Legacy Roaming feature was enabled by default in the configuration file.
My test network does support 802.11r FT roaming Over-the-air mode.
After debugging the code I could found that the driver shows the roaming capabilities to the wpa_supplicant as NL command, and it is the decision of the wpa_Supplicant to use such vendor specific commands. 

"QCA_NL80211_VENDOR_SUBCMD_ROAMING=9" is the suspected command that could turn ON 802.11r feature. I know that we can enable it using the wpa_cli interface using the vendor command, but I am not sure about the argument to pass.

The wpa_cli command is

vendor 0x1374 9 <<hex formatted command argument I am not sure about>>

0x1374 is the vendor_id
9 is the vendor subcommand (QCA_NL80211_VENDOR_SUBCMD_ROAMING)

what should be the hex value?

Or Is there any Other method to approach this issue.
Please find the configuration file here for reference
  • Up0
  • Down0
chris-zq.liu
Posted: Sat, 2023-05-13 08:04

I am working different chip and driver, but also have 802.11r doesn't work issue.

I think need to enable it in driver , bu don't know how

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.