Forums - Calibration on QCA9377-7

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Calibration on QCA9377-7
jshenry1963
Posted: Thu, 2023-01-19 07:35

Hello,

Is any kind of calibration required to use the QCA9377-7?

My usage is is both WiFi sniffer/monitor mode and also Bt advert collection and connection for extended info. I have the WiFi monitor mode working great, and also have Bt advert sniffing working as well. Both HS/BR/EDR and BLE seem to work on the test units with our OS and applications. With some nits.

If calibration is required, where is the toolset to do this?

I see references to QSPR, QDART, etc. Where does one find these? If required.

Lastly, is the calibration required on each individual module, or can a single calibration, and then update of all systems using these modules firmware files, will that suffice?

Thanks in advance

John

• Up0
  • Down0
ddeepakk Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2023-01-30 04:46

Hi John,

Apologies for delayed response.

If you are buying from module vendors like Arrow, Telit etc. then most likely you should not need to do calibration again. They do the calibration themselves and provide the BDF (Board Data File) in the Software Package. The bdwlan.bin file is the BDF and contains the calibraion info.

For access to the QDART tools that are used for calibration procedure, you can get in touch with the product marketing team at https://assets.qualcomm.com/contact-sales-iot.html .

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
jshenry1963
Posted: Mon, 2023-01-30 06:00

Thank you very much for the response.

We have our own board layout using the QCA377, based on one of your preferred vendors modules.

We could not use that module directly, because we needed it to fit within a given product to replace another board, so the form factor had to be changed.

I am in touch with Qualcomm Sales, and hope to get access soon.

Thank you very much for your stellar support,

John

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.