Forums - Bluetooth RF Certification test command for setting high power - QCA9377

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bluetooth RF Certification test command for setting high power - QCA9377
juveriya.siddiqua
Posted: Sat, 2022-12-31 00:25

Hi,

We are facing issues with the BT Tx power setting.
As per the datasheet max Tx power for BT BR is 13 dBm whereas in EDR it is 10dBm.
image.png
image.png

Using the QRCT tool, BT RF Tx is tested. 
In the drop down menu shown below, Tx power setting we can give a max of 11 dBm. 
image.png

But we are able to see the power till 9 setting. Above 9 i.e for 10 and 11, there is no RF power.
Now, How to set the power for 10 to13dBm Tx power settings.

FYR, we observe BT BR the max power of 3.5 dBm at power setting 9.
Similarly, BT2 EDR 1.8 dBm at power setting 9, 
BT3 EDR 0.66 dBm at power setting 9.

Reference  to 80-WL400-26 related to BT configuration parameters, Tag 36 shows the settings for a max TX power of 9. There is no information on setting 10 to 13.

image.png
Please let us know how to set the max Tx power for both BR and EDR modes.
This is very critical for us to complete the certification tests.
We followed trying HCI commands and QRCT tool to configure different input. Please let us know if there is any other procedure.

--

Thank you,
Juveriya Siddiqua.

• Up0
  • Down0
jshenry1963
Posted: Mon, 2023-01-16 06:33
Hello Juveriya siddiqua

I am using the HCI interface, and am able to get it to send adverts but not at full power, nor with a good interval. In fact it is almost invisible viewing with a spectrum analyzer so it is unusable for a real FCC test.

I'd like to get both BT HS/Standard and separately BLE adverts/transmits/ etc get to work before I need to FCC test.

You stated that you tried using HCI, but had issues, can you post your HCI command sequence to get it to set up to send the transmits? I can compare with what I have and might find a solution together.

Thanks,
John
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.