Forums - Setting up RSDB (Real Simultaneous Dual Band)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Setting up RSDB (Real Simultaneous Dual Band)
alexandre.houdeville
Posted: Wed, 2021-02-03 06:01

Hi,

How can I set up the QCA9377 so as to be able to connect my device to 2 networks on both bands, simultaneously ?

I need to set my device as an access point (AP) on one of both bands and I need to set an Ad Hoc connection (STA) on the other band.

I do not find any tutorial to do this. The guide "80-YC636-1_E_QCA6174A_QCA9377 WLAN AND BLUETOOTH ON LINUX X86 PORTING GUIDE.pdf" has a section to set a SAP-STA connection but on the same channel while I would like to use both channels (one for SAP, and the other for STA).

Is it possible (at first glance yes) ?  If yes, how can I do that ?

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
ddeepakk Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2021-02-10 04:59

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's possible.

But there is single radio on QCA9377 so it will do time multiplexing between 2 bands and impact throughput quite a lot.
So, if your throughput requirements are not too much, you can run STA and SAP in 2 different channels/bands.

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
ddeepakk Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2021-02-10 04:59

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's possible.

But there is single radio on QCA9377 so it will do time multiplexing between 2 bands and impact throughput quite a lot.
So, if your throughput requirements are not too much, you can run STA and SAP in 2 different channels/bands.

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.