Forums - 5GHz Wifi Beacon power variations

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
5GHz Wifi Beacon power variations
brandon.ardisson
Posted: Fri, 2020-07-17 05:35

Hello,

When I bring up my QCA9377 as an AP in the 2.4GHz band, observations of the beacon output power level are constant (looking at beacon burst power vs time on a spectrum analyzer set for zero span). 

However, when I bring up the modem as a 5 GHz AP -- the output power of the beacon is initially ~ +15 dBm but then drops by 20 - 30 dB. It then remains in this low power state during testing. 

Is this normal? I am having difficulty explaining why this would occur. I am in the US - tx power max is +23 dBm. 

I am not using power control, DFS, etc. Simply setting the modem up for 802.11a operation.  

Has anyone else experienced/seen this before? I assumed the beacon burst power would be constant and at the maximum power level.

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
ddeepakk Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2020-07-20 05:56

Hi Brandon,

Where did you procure the QCA9377 module from? If you are using the bdwlan30.bin from QDN SDK package, you are likely to see Tx power related issues.

The module vendor is supposed to give you the bdwlan30.bin. This file contains the calibration data and it varies from module to module.

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.