Forums - IEEE 802.11 PCF (Point Coordination Function

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
IEEE 802.11 PCF (Point Coordination Function
sinsin49
Posted: Sat, 2018-04-21 04:27

Is there an active project to implement the Point Coordination Function in the QAC9377-3 (AP mode) WLAN driver? I would be willing to join such development work. The PCF functionality is specified in chapter 9.4 of the IEEE 802.11-2012 document. To proceed in this work I now need the QCA9377-3 Device Reference Manual and the latest WLAN Driver Source Code. Where and how can I get them?

• Up0
  • Down0
CodeFetch
Posted: Thu, 2018-05-17 04:38

Hi sinsin,

I'd like to help you with that as I want to implement MCCA in 802.11s/TDMA. Unfortunately I don't have that much time at the moment as I have to finish two projects first, but keep in mind you are not alone.

Without the device reference manual we can only build hacky workarounds. 
So please Qualcomm give it to us... It makes your chips far more attractive to your customers.

Regards,
CodeFetch

• Up0
  • Down0
ddeepakk Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-05-17 17:34

Hey Sinsin,

As of now I think there is no PCF implementation and we don't have any immediate plans for implementing it.

Thanks,
Deepak

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.