Forums - J-Link Flash Programming

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
J-Link Flash Programming
mvincent
Posted: Thu, 2022-12-22 14:13

I have a J-Link Plus JTAG device and would like to program an OEM board with the QCA4020 device.  I have the YA999 evaluation board and have successfully built and programmed the QCLI_demo using the Qualcomm v3.2 SDK.  I would like to program this QCLI_demo image to the new OEM board.   First step is converting the elf image to multiple hex images, one per core, for the JTAG programmer.  Next step is to setup the J-Flash utility on the J-Link device for the QCA4020 M4 and M0 cores.   Finally, program the device and reproduce the results shown on the evaluation card.  

I went through this process with the Nordic Semiconductor nRF5340 device on a different OEM board.  Individual hex images were created for for the application and network cores by the Nordic development environment.  The J-Link device had the proper setup for Nordic chip for programming the individual cores.  Programming was successful and proper operation was confirmed.

I sent a query to Segger regarding this topic.  If anyone had gone through this process, I would greatly appreciate any guidance.  

• Up0
  • Down0
andreas
Posted: Thu, 2023-02-02 04:04

Hi, we flash our image either through USB or JTAG using J-link. For the JTAG case we do not extract hex images from the elf. Actually there are scripts and batch files that do the image download, probably also any conversion needed. Finally it calls this python script to flash via GDB: flash_through_gdb.py

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.