Forums - How to configure I2C1 master in QCA4020

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to configure I2C1 master in QCA4020
akshay.b
Posted: Mon, 2022-01-03 20:24

Hello,

As there are two I2C master in QCA4020,

I2C0_Master -> SCL(Gpio 10) & SDA(GPIO 11)

I2C1_Master -> SCL(Gpio 16) & SDA(GPIO 17)

By default if we configure i2c only I2C0_Master is been configured and it is working.

We want to use both I2C masters, How to configure I2C1_Master ?

Do we need to change anything in @target\build\tools\devcfg\threadx\DevCfg_master_fom_out_cdb.xml file?

Regards,

Akshaay

• Up0
  • Down0
andreas
Posted: Mon, 2022-01-10 07:29

Hi Akshaay,
we are actually also using both I2C instances. We did not change the xml configuration file for this except to adjust the driving current.
What you need to do is to open both instances of the I2C device using the qapi_I2CM_Open() function and calling it for each instance separately. But maybe you did this already.

Regards,

Andreas

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.