Forums - Extract WMM infos for QCA9984

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Extract WMM infos for QCA9984
kais.kallel
Posted: Thu, 2020-09-10 08:42

I didn't found a forum topic for QCA9984 so i post my problem here !

I'm using OpenWRT on Netgear R7800 with Qualcomm QCA9984 wifi module, I would like to extract WMM Infos especially:
*TXOP: Time interval during which a station can send as many frames as possible (global free air time on the BSS)
*TXretrans: Number of frame retransmissions on the BSS
*sync_rate: all physical rates used in Mbp
And I didn't found a way to extract those Infos,
 can anyone help me in my issue?

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2020-09-10 14:28
 Are you trying to extract this info in user space or in application?

> txop will vary based on Access Category (AC) and your AP dictates TXOP for each AC for STA and itself
Example to check: iwpriv athx get_txoplimit 0 1
This will tell what the txop limit is for the STA to use for AC 0 (Best effort)
For txop: 1st value is the AC level, 2nd value is whether you are checking it for AP or STA

> athstats -i wifix : will display stats like Tx Retransmissions

> If you mean sync_rates as what rates the AP uses
iwpriv athx get_mode : will tell overall operating mode.  For example on 2.4G it may show 11NGH720 Where HT20 means it supports 11N rates
athstats -i wifiX | grep stats  : will show MCS stats 
  • Up0
  • Down0
kais.kallel
Posted: Fri, 2020-09-11 02:17

Thank you raja_pedada for your reply
> i had been trying with iwpriv and this is the output :
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:~# iwpriv
eth0      no private ioctls.

eth0.2    no private ioctls.

eth1      no private ioctls.

eth1.1    no private ioctls.

br-lan    no private ioctls.

wlan1     no private ioctls.

lo        no private ioctls.

wlan0     no private ioctls.

>I try  iwpriv athx get_txoplimit 0 1  with the wifi interfaces(wlan0 & wlan1) and ath10k but always the same output : no private ioctls.
>I can't found a way to install athstats in openwrt !

>In an other project,i was working with CYPRESS chipset. I was able to extract this Infos by integrating the manufacturing firmware of the chipset and WL command sent by the constructor. Is there for Qualcomm chipset some tools like WL command that could help me??

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.