Forums - Hosted Mode demo using linux PC

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hosted Mode demo using linux PC
karanpandey844
Posted: Wed, 2020-07-22 05:36
Hi,

I am working on qca4020 with 3.1 sdk.

I am trying to run "Hosted_mode_demo" using QCA4020 and a linux PC over UART. My Host system is Linux PC runnig Ubuntu 14.04 and kernel version is 4.9. I made the changes in "\quartz\demo\HostedMode_demo\src\export\DevCfg_master_fom_out_[CDB].xml" file for enabling debug uart. 

I am facing issue while runnig the "IoT Daemon". 
I have also updated the device name in the config file as "ttyUSB1", which is the device name assigned to qca4020 devboard when connected to 
PC.
After connecting the QCA4020 board to the PC using debug uart port J85, i am trying to run the "./iotd" executable file. I am receiving the below error.

Error:

Command:
./iotd ~/Desktop/work/qca4020-or-3-1_qca_oem_sdk-cdb.git/target/exthost/Linux/daemon/iotd_config.ini 

Response:
IOTD: peninOg config file /home/karan_lap/Desktop/work/qca4020-or-3-1_qca_oem_sdk-cdb.git/target/exthost/Linux/daemon/iotd_config.ini
Error! in Opening device
!!!! Stopping IOT Daemon !!!

Thanks in advance..
  • Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2020-07-30 11:20

Kindly share us your instructions on how you have configured Debug UART.
By default SDK uses debug UART, assuming original SDK is working fine in your setup.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.