Forums - Read HOGP report

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Read HOGP report
adb
Posted: Wed, 2020-06-10 08:37

Hi

I connected a HID Device (barcode scanner) via HOGP to the QCLI application. BLE connection, pairing and service discovery works and the device periodically sends its battery level. When scan a barcode, I receive several HIDS report notifications, but I don't really get, how to read the Input. I tried the GetReport command and expected the report type to be "input", but this failes. Report type "Boot Keyboard Input" returns a data package of 8 Bytes, but it contains only zeros. Should I use a report ID other than 0? But how do I know the correct ID? Should't there be a command to get the report map?

BLE: Received HIDS report notification.

BLE\HOGP> 8 1 1 0

BLE: HIDSGetReport Failed: -1.

BLE\HOGP> 8 1 4 0

BLE\HOGP: Get Report Success.
BLE\HOGP: HIDSGetReport() Success: Transaction ID = 61.

BLE\HOGP>

HOGP: Read Response.
BLE\HOGP:    Connection ID:   1.
BLE\HOGP:    Transaction ID:  61.
BLE\HOGP:    Connection Type: LE.
BLE\HOGP:    BD_ADDR:         0x84248DF303E1.
BLE\HOGP:    Data Length:     8.
BLE\HOGP:    Data:            { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Up0
  • Down0
gharolerahul11
Posted: Mon, 2020-12-14 04:47

Hey, i have same issue. you got the solution? please help if you have solution.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.