Forums - QCA402x zigbee device joining event

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA402x zigbee device joining event
thuong.tq
Posted: Fri, 2020-05-29 02:31

Hello

I am developing a zigbee coordinator application and i want to manage joined devices. From the QCA402x QAPI document i know there is only way to get joining device info:

- Get it from the "QAPI_ZB_ZDP_EVENT_TYPE_DEVICE_ANNCE_E" event. But some zigbee devices do not send announcement message after joining, then it is not a good way to get device info

- I have tried to use the QAPI_ZB_EVENT_TYPE_JOIN_CONFIRM_E event, but it seem to be a router & end device event and it does not fire on coordinator side(from my testing)

So my questions are:

1. Is there any other way to get device joining event for QCA402x?

2. Is it save to use the "Persistent Secure Storage" api to write device info. I known there are some limits due to the flash wear-leveling problem

3. I can't find the size of the "Persistent Secure Storage" from the api document, How to get it?

Thank you!

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2020-07-30 15:42

Kindly refer to QCLI_demo "Zigbee" module for "List of joining device info"

>> Zigbee showdevicelist  (cmd_ZB_ShowDeviceList) is used to list joined devices

• Up0
  • Down0
vinhlq
Posted: Sun, 2020-08-30 20:29

I'm sorry but your answer is not helpful:

1. The cmd_ZB_ShowDeviceList command is just list the devices which are manual added by cmd_ZB_AddDevice command, not the joined devices
  2. ZDP event callback is not called( on coordinator) when device joined, It is only called if device sends a announcement broadcast message.
  3. I can see the persist notify callback is called when device joined to update persistent data, but i do not know the persistent data structure, could you provide me the document for it?
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.