Forums - Usage of Filesystem

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Usage of Filesystem
andreas
Posted: Tue, 2020-05-19 22:56

Hi forum,
we are using the QCA4020 and the qapi functions for the filesystem. I have some general questions about the behavior of the filesystem that I can not find the answers in the documentation:

1. It seems that the filesystem is overwritten/erased everytime I flash a new image via JTAG or USB. We are currently in development mode and do this several times a day. Is there a way to keep the existing filesystem content during that flashing procedure to continue the testing with the previous content?
  2. What happens with the filesystem during OTA? I read something about a secondary filesystem in the documentation. I hope that the existing filesystem content is still available for the new image flashed via OTA. Can you please clarify on that?
  3. During production line flashing: Is it possible to flash a preset filesystem to the SoC? Which means that some of the files have already an initial content.

Thanks for the answers and best regards

Andreas

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: Usage of Filesystem Best Answer
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2020-07-30 15:50

>> Yes, Use "SET FS1IMG=KEEP" to keep the existing filesystem content during that flashing procedure.

>> Secondary File System is used to copy the OTA image during transfer,  the existing filesystem content will be still available for the new image.

>> Yes, QCA4020 support of flashing preset files during flash.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.