Forums - Concurrent Thread and Zigbee (with Wifi)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Concurrent Thread and Zigbee (with Wifi)
steven
Posted: Tue, 2020-03-17 14:56

Is it correct that the chipset supports Wi-Fi together with both Zigbee and Thread at the same time (as coordinator and border-router)?

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2020-03-31 20:20

QCA4020 supports Wi-Fi together with both Zigbee and Thread:

Zigbee Co-Ordinator:
Zigbee Initialize
Zigbee SetExtAddress 000000FFFE00001
Zigbee form 1 0 16
Zigbee permitjoin 255

Thread Border-Router:
Thread Initialize 1 0
Thread UseDefaultInfo
Thread Start
Thread AddBorderRouter 2000:baad:beef:: 64 0 1 0x98
Thread RegisterServerData
Thread StartBorderAgent wlan1

• Up0
  • Down0
steven
Posted: Sun, 2020-08-16 12:57

Hi,

Thank you for the response, when trying this with the QCLI I get the following response:

ZigBee: qapi_ZB_Initialize returned -1 (ERROR)
that is when I first first initialize thread. If I first initialize Zigbee, I get this error when trying to initialize thread.

I use a Silex module.
  • Up0
  • Down0
steven
Posted: Tue, 2020-09-01 03:01

I just got response from Silex that it is not possible to run Wi-Fi together with both Zigbee and Thread at the concurrently (so 3 protocols). Although it was confirmed here by Raja and should be possible as they use the same physical layer. It seems blocked in firmware.

If there is more information from Qualcomm or anyone who can confirm or contradict, I am interested.

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2020-09-10 12:41
Hi Steven, Apologies for the confusion.
4020 supports initialization of Zigbee and Thread both along with Wifi, however in case of communcation transmitting/reception of data QCA4020 supports either Thread/Zigbee along with Wifi as Thread/Zigbee shared the same 15.4 MAC layer

The error during initialization is due to resource allocation failure.
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.