Forums - J-Link Debugging

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
J-Link Debugging
andreas
Posted: Fri, 2019-11-08 05:19

Hi,

does anyone have instructions on how to set-up Eclipse for J-Link debugging? Especially the support to flash the image is needed. I found some batch files in the SDK that at least seem to support a J-Link setup, but currently it does not work for me.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

• Up0
  • Down0
raja_pedada
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2019-11-11 18:40
Below jumper connections are required to configure for J-Link debugging:

QCA4020 J37-pin3 to JLink Pin9  (JTAG TCK)
QCA4020 J38-pin3 to JLink Pin13 (JTAG TDI)
QCA4020 J40-pin3 to JLink Pin7  (JTAG TMS)
QCA4020 J39-pin3 to JLink Pin5  (JTAG TDO)
QCA4020 J1 -pin4 to JLink Pin1  (VREF)
QCA4020 J33-pin1 to JLink Pin3  (TRST)
JTAG GPIO bootstrap: (Insert Jumper J30 Pin1-2 and jumper at J31 1-2 for JTAG debug mode)

Execute "debug.bat m4" command to start debugging using J-Link.
  • Up0
  • Down0
raja_pedada
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2019-11-11 18:41

*QCA4020 J33-pin1 to JLink Pin3  (TRST)

Kindly note QCA4020 J33-pin1 should be connected to J-Link Pin3 (TRST)

• Up0
  • Down0
andreas
Posted: Tue, 2019-11-12 07:24

Thanks for the setup information. I can confirm that I did that already correctly. If I follow your advice the batch file complains about this file, which I can not find somewhere in the SDK: Quartz.JLinkScript

I had some progress with this topic. I am now able to download the SW via J-Link with the corresponding batch file. When debugging I can also connect to the board, but I can not run the SW correctly from the debugger. It stays always in this part of the code:

sbl1_main_ctl() at sbl1_mc.c:355 0x100a05be    

If I let the board run freely and attach to the board with J-Link while running, I am able to pause the execution, set a breakpoint and debug. Currently the main issue seems to be the start-up phase, when the board waits for the JTAG connection and then the boot-loader phase is being executed. I guess maybe the ELF file has not been loaded or something similar?

Thanks Andreas

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.