Forums - qapi_Net_SSL_Connect hangs

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
qapi_Net_SSL_Connect hangs
flexeos
Posted: Thu, 2019-07-11 07:26

Hi 

I am developing an application on QCA4020. I noticed a very strange behavior of qapi_Net_SSL_Connect function. In many cases it works correctly but in some wifi networks (WPA2) it hangs infinitely. It seems this issue does not depend on remote server. I use the same servers in different networks and SSL handshake is successful except in these specific networks. It happens with any server when SSL connection is trying to be established. In some cases the hang happens at the second call of qapi_Net_SSL_Connect but in many cases it happens when it is called for the first time. When it happens the only way to recover module is a hard reset.

I am not able to identify relevant differences in the configuration of the various networks (all are WPA2 with AES) and, on the other hand, many equipments work correctly on these networks and this makes me thinking about some mistakes on SSL configuration that raise an error only in certain cases

I kindly ask if there is a condition that can lead to a hang of the qapi_Net_SSL_Connect function to help me to find quickly the point

Thanks in advance

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2019-07-11 10:38

The maximum time qapi_Net_SSL_Connect () can block is for 60 seconds which is an internal timer for ssl_handshake_timeout.
Kindly refer to @target\quartz\demo\QCLI_demo\src\net\Bench_tcp.c for detailed information.

• Up0
  • Down0
flexeos
Posted: Fri, 2019-07-12 08:51

Hi

I can confirm that even after 60 seconds Qca4020 does not recover

I noticed that also the other concurrent tasks are frozen so I suppose the a sort of hardfault occurred inside it

Let me know if there some wrong configuration in ssl that can lead to an hardfault inside qapi_Net_SSL_Connect qapi

Thanks 

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2019-08-26 16:09

I tried to recreate similar behaviour but could not observe any corner case.
Since the mentioned error is hardfault, I assume its related to your print buffer or overflowing stack of networking thread.

Is it possible to share your test application of instructions to reproduce the issue ?

• Up0
  • Down0
flexeos
Posted: Mon, 2019-09-09 08:05

Hi Raja

I have sent you a message with some info about the software I developed to use the module

Let me know if you discover something about this issue

Thanks in advance

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.