Forums - QCA4020 linking error diagMsgCompact.py: error: Specified ELF file does not exist

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA4020 linking error diagMsgCompact.py: error: Specified ELF file does not exist
nelson.kon
Posted: Thu, 2019-03-21 04:01

Hi,

I tried to compile my code but I got the below linking error...

Linking...
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lc_nano
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lnosys
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lgcc
Usage: python diagMsgCompact.py <Output ELF> <Output string database File> <Input ELF> <input pickle file> <CompactType: Intermediate or Final>

diagMsgCompact.py: error: Specified ELF file does not exist.
Hashing...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "..\..\..\..\..\build\scripts\createxbl.py", line 708, in <module>
    main()
  File "..\..\..\..\..\build\scripts\createxbl.py", line 234, in main
    zi_oob_enabled)
  File "..\..\..\..\..\build\scripts\createxbl.py", line 296, in merge_elfs
    mbn_tools.preprocess_elf_file(elf_in_file_name1) 
  File "C:\Qualcomm\qca4020-or-2-0_qca_oem_sdk-cdb.git\target\build\scripts\mbn_tools.py", line 1995, in preprocess_elf_file
    elf_fp = OPEN(elf_file_name, 'rb')
  File "C:\Qualcomm\qca4020-or-2-0_qca_oem_sdk-cdb.git\target\build\scripts\mbn_tools.py", line 2197, in OPEN
    raise RuntimeError, "The file could not be opened: " + file_name
RuntimeError: The file could not be opened: output\Quartz.elf

18:55:02 Build Finished (took 4m:31s.177ms)

Could you please help?

I tried with new build.bat file, I can't build because it says I use wrong board variant when I choose cdb.  
But I can build with old build.bat.  Just that I face problem when linking.

Please help.

Regards,
Nelson
  • Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2019-03-21 11:35

From the provided information,
the reason for linking error is specified toolchain/path not available .
Could you please include TOOLLIBPATH and NEWLIBPATH and execute the build command ?

Kindly make sure the new build.bat is compatible to the demo which you are building, you can not use the build.bat from Helloworld_demo to run Onboard_demo.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.