Forums - Multiple Wifi nets

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Multiple Wifi nets
pohlmann
Posted: Fri, 2019-03-15 08:21

Hello all,

sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i have not found a better matching.

My question:

We are new to Qualcomms  chips may want to use the 4020 in a new project.

So is the 4020 capable of creating two independent Wifi sessions, meaning e.g.  one softAP and one client at the same time on the same radio? Or two clients connected to two different SSIDs at the same time?

Meaning it can communicte with both nets at (roughly) the same time.

I understood that it is capable of bridging between 5 and 2.4GHz Wifi but then can't communicate by itself (no IP)?

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
jbhanu Moderator
Posted: Sun, 2019-03-17 21:34

Hi , 

Thank you for Query .

Yes . This is the right forum to ask question about QCA4020. You can ask all your query realted to QCA4020 here . 

1.So is the 4020 capable of creating two independent Wifi sessions, meaning e.g.  one softAP and one client at the same time on the same radio. 

--> Yes, this is possible. 

2. Or two clients connected to two different SSIDs at the same time?

--> You mean two independent STA interface ??

3.I understood that it is capable of bridging between 5 and 2.4GHz Wifi but then can't communicate by itself (no IP)?

-->We support bridge functionlaity , where connected REF STA to Soft AP interfcae  can ping to REF AP to which STA interfcae is connected. 

REF STA get the IP from the  REF AP . DHCP server runs at the backend of REF AP . Do you look for l2 bridge functionality?? 

4.Wifi but then can't communicate by itself (no IP)?--

Please provide some more details about your requirment?? 

Thank you . 

• Up0
  • Down0
pohlmann
Posted: Mon, 2019-03-18 01:47

H1,

thanks for your support.

We need the capability of a peer 2 peer net with forwarding on 5GHz, basically a mesh like 802.11s or someting on a higher layer (which would then be a STA and AP at the same time on 5GHz).

regards,

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.