Forums - Custom QCA4020 Module

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Custom QCA4020 Module
tejaChintalapati
Posted: Wed, 2019-02-20 04:45

Hi!

I am very new to Qualcomm ecosystem. I just had a look at the QCA4020 and QCA4024 offerings and am very impressed with what they have to offer. I would like to develop custom modules around both of these parts.

I've had a look at the module offerings from partners. However, their price-point goes beyond our target price for the module.

I have been using Texas Instruments offerings and they provide actual schematics, BOM and sample layout as a reference design and would like to know if Qualcomm has some reference design(s) using 4020 and 4024 SOCs. I've seen block diagram but would like to know if there's some tested design already that I can benchmark and customise my design accordingly.

Can you please help me find them if they are available in the public domain?

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2019-02-21 16:17

You can refer to Design package under Hardware Docs of 4020/4024

https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/qca4020-qca4024/tools-qca4020

• Up0
  • Down0
tejaChintalapati
Posted: Thu, 2019-02-21 21:30

Hi Raja,

Thank you for your message. I've had a look at it before posting this question. Files in that document explain how to build the board "Around" the module. However, I want to build the module itself and not the circuitry around it.

Can you please tell me how to go around building a custom module(QCA4020 + Flash + PA + balun, etc.,) using QCA4020 and QCA4024?

• Up0
  • Down0
manjulak Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2019-02-26 14:53

Please contact Qualcomm marketing team to get access to neccessary files.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.