Forums - JTAG not working on QCA4020

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
JTAG not working on QCA4020
kostiyantynk
Posted: Mon, 2019-02-11 06:02

Hi, 

I am trying to flash QCLI_demo on a QCA4020 board, using Ubuntu and flashing through `flash_openocd.sh`,
but facing error with JTAG:
```

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0                                                                                                                                                    
Licensed under GNU GPL v2                                                                                                                                                       
For bug reports, read                                                                                                                                                           
        http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html                                                                                                                                
adapter speed: 100 kHz                                                                                                                                                          
Info : clock speed 100 kHz                                                                                                                                                      
Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones                                                                                                                           
Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.                                                                                                                        
Error: Trying to use configured scan chain anyway...                                                                                                                            
Error: QM4.cpu: IR capture error; saw 0x0f not 0x01                                                                                                                             
Warn : Bypassing JTAG setup events due to errors                                                                                                                                
Error: Invalid ACK (7) in DAP response                                                                                                                                          
Error: JTAG-DP STICKY ERROR                                                                                                                                                     
Error: Invalid ACK (7) in DAP response

```
I am using default source from QCA_SDK,  and all jumpers are setup like tutorial says.

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2019-02-11 10:41

Kindly provide us your arm toolchain version and board picture.
Make sure the JTAG jumpers are accurate. 
The above error occurs when the jumper connections are either loose or invalid.

• Up0
  • Down0
kostiyantynk
Posted: Mon, 2019-02-11 19:06

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and openocd 0.10.0 from a package manager
Here is photo of my jumpers setup:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JiUDEUS1qnfSQfCW6

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2019-02-12 12:00

The only issue I could observer from the attached picture is missing jumper on J37(pins 2 and 3).
Kindly add jumper to J37 which is on the back of J39 and beside J38.

If the issue still occurs make sure the jumper cables are valid and not broken.
Error: Invalid ACK(7) in DAP response indicates either of the JTAG clock/ Data In or Mode select is not configured properly.

• Up0
  • Down0
kostiyantynk
Posted: Wed, 2019-02-13 22:36

Ok, thanks.
I was able to flash board.

Next problem that I facing - demo not starting. There is nothing in console.
I removed J31 jumper, and power cycle board, but still nothing happens.

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2019-02-14 10:35

I assume you made a successful build and flashed the image.

Kindly perform the below intructions and let me know if you still face any issue:
> export BOARD_VARIANT = cdb
> export RTOS = threadx
> expor t CHIPSET_VARIANT = qca4020
> make
>flash_openocd.sh

Remove the jumper on 31, power cycle the device and open serial console using higher port with baudrate  115200.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.