5 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA4020 HTTP OTA
f81258
Posted: Mon, 2019-01-28 06:36

Hi Qualcomm Team:

i use OTA in HTTP .

now i have problem.

if i "fw_upgrade.xml" have use ioe_ram_m0_threadx_ipt.mbn. OTA success, but File-system will be deleted.

<fw_upgrade_img_descriptor>
      <!-- format: 1: partial upgrade, 2: full upgrade in one file -->
      <header signature="0x54445746" version="1" format="2"/>
      <partition filename="" signature="0x54445746" image_id="5" ver="1" size_in_kb="4" HASH_TYPE="1"/>
     <partition filename="Quartz_HASHED.elf" signature="0x54445746" image_id="10" ver="1" size_in_kb="4" HASH_TYPE="1"/>
    <partition filename="ioe_ram_m0_threadx_ipt.mbn" signature="0x54445746" image_id="11" ver="1" size_in_kb="16" HASH_TYPE="1"/>
   <partition filename="wlan_fw_img.bin" signature="0x54445746" image_id="13" ver="1" size_in_kb="0" HASH_TYPE="1"/>
</fw_upgrade_img_descriptor>

if i just only use Quartz_HASHED.elf, i OTA success, but it not can "trial" success, it show "Fail to Accept Trial FWD".

<fw_upgrade_img_descriptor>
      <!-- format: 1: partial upgrade, 2: full upgrade in one file -->
      <header signature="0x54445746" version="1" format="2"/>
     <partition filename="Quartz_HASHED299.elf" signature="0x54445746" image_id="10" ver="1" size_in_kb="4" HASH_TYPE="1"/>

</fw_upgrade_img_descriptor>

What can I do to really make the application image OTA successful?

Best Regards,

Rick.

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2019-01-31 11:54

In case 1: Make sure you kept FS2IMG=KEEP, such that FS2 will be retained even after OTA UPGRADE, by default it is set to "ERASE".
In case 2: Can you provide us the instructions how you tried to perform the OTA, default flag for HTTP OTA is AUTO_REBOOT .

Kindly provide us the "FwUp fwd" and make sure you have enough memory by deleting the additional fwd before performing upgrade.

• Up0
  • Down0
f81258
Posted: Thu, 2019-01-31 17:53
Hi raja_pedada

case 1 : if Make sure kept FS2IMG=KEEP

OTA have Error

Firmware Upgrade Image Download Failed ERR:1017

case 2: i use QCLI_demo, so use default flag for HTTP OTA is AUTO_REBOOT .

i want use HTTP OTA same time and reserved my file system data.

how i need can do it?

Best Regards,

Rick.
  • Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2019-02-01 15:06

​By default  QCLI_demo HTTP OTA demo uses "QAPI_FW_UPGRADE_FLAG_AUTO_REBOOT"

In order to use HTTP OTA upgrade and retain your file system data, you need to set the FLAG as "QAPI_FW_UPGRADE_FLAG_DUPLICATE_ACTIVE_FS".

​Modify @target/quartz/demo/QCLI_demo/src/ota/ota_demo.c .
​Under Command_Fw_Upgrade_HTTP_Upgrade , modify and set the flags as suggested above.

Build and flash the image.
Perform the HTTP OTA now and you should be able to restore your file system data:
After "Firmware Upgrade Image Download Completed Successfully" reset the device and you should be accept the trial image.

I have verifed the above setup and its working as expected, ​let me know if you face any issues.

• Up0
  • Down0
f81258
Posted: Tue, 2019-02-12 18:14
Hi raja_pedada:

i try test it, is success.

thank you very much.

Best Regards

Rick.
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.