Forums - About BLE throughtput degration when EPTA enabled

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
About BLE throughtput degration when EPTA enabled
bolo.tsai
Posted: Tue, 2018-10-02 20:13

Dear Sirs,

When enabled EPTA function for QCA4024  & run Chariot at WiFi side (use LD20-YB560_RevB (QCA4024) develoment  board and connected to the wifi module of the qualcomm Dakota IPQ 4019 development board via 3-wire PTA pins and the EPTA pins are set at GPIO-16 (BT_Active), GPIO-17(WL_Active) & GPIO-60-(BT_Priority) and set EPTA slave mode), I found the BLE throughput (send/receive 20B / 230B random data) would degrade compared to the test at EPTA disabled. Does it mean the degration for BLE throughput when EPTA on is normal ? If this condition is abnormal, can someone can tell me how to resolve Below is the description for my test enviorment:

1. Development board:  LD20-YB560_RevB (QCA4024) & Qualcomm Dakota IPQ 4019 development board

2. SDK: qca4020-or-2-0_qca_oem_standard-sdk024-cdb.git

3. GPIO configurations for EPTA Slave on CDB24

/* Set the pin numbers. */
EPTA_Pin_1_Config.pin = 16;
EPTA_Pin_2_Config.pin = 17;
EPTA_Pin_3_Config.pin = 60;

EPTA_Pin_1_Config.func = 12;
EPTA_Pin_2_Config.func = 12;
EPTA_Pin_3_Config.func = 9;

EPTA_Pin_1_Config.dir = QAPI_GPIO_OUTPUT_E; // BT_ACTIVE
EPTA_Pin_2_Config.dir = QAPI_GPIO_INPUT_E; // WLAN_ACTIVE
EPTA_Pin_3_Config.dir = QAPI_GPIO_OUTPUT_E; // BT_PRIORITY

4. Run Chariot at WiFi side and send 20B / 230B data by qapi_BLE_GATT_Write_Request and receive 20B / 230B data by qapi_BLE_GATT_Read_Value_Request and caculate & show the tranmit & receive time. When EPTA is on, the tranmit & receive time are increased at least double time compared to the test at EPTA off (the tranmit & receive time for 230B TX/RX is more worse than 20B TX/RX)

Best Regards,

Bolo 

• Up0
  • Down0
jaydenk
Posted: Fri, 2018-10-05 13:49

Hi Bolo,

In your configuration, QCA4024 (CDB24) play a role as coex slave but Dakota is in coex master role.

It means Dakota IPQ 4019 has a control to grant or deny the medium access request from QCA4024.

If QCA4024's BLE should have high priority, would you please contact Dakota IPQ 4019 team?

Thanks
BR,
Jayden

• Up0
  • Down0
bolo.tsai
Posted: Mon, 2018-10-08 02:50

Hi Jayden,

When I set the channel map at channle-0 ~ channel-8 (in the range of channel-1 of WiFi) and also enable EPTA, it would get the link

layer disconnection when doing the 20bytes or more 230bytes data transmission (transmit & receive) but it does not occur at EPTA off under the same test condition. Does it mean the EPTA can not resolve the interference issue when the data transmission at the same channels between IPQ4019 WiFi and QCA4024 ? Is there any way  to resolve this issue if EPTA is used ? Thanks and hope to get your reply soon.

Best Regards,,

Bolo

• Up0
  • Down0
jaydenk
Posted: Mon, 2018-10-29 23:12

Hi Bolo,

As I explained, because Qualcomm Dakota IPQ 4019 is coex master device, you may need some help from IPQ 4019 team.

BLE data channel will vote high priority at BT_PRIORITY but it seems IPQ 4019 didn't grant QCA4024's BT_ACTIVE.

Could you check if WLAN_ACTIVE is low during BT_ACTIVE?

When BT_ACTIVE is grant, WLAN_ACTIVE should be low.

Thanks
BR,
Jayden

• Up0
  • Down0
bolo.tsai
Posted: Tue, 2018-11-06 19:12

Hi Jayden,

Ok, I would check with my router team and thanks for your so kindly reply

BR,

Bolo

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.