Forums - Can i get Onboard PIR sensor Analog value

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can i get Onboard PIR sensor Analog value
yerasiprathyusha
Posted: Mon, 2018-09-17 21:11

Hi,

Is there any possibilite to get analog PIR data ? I am working with QCA4024 and according to PIR sensor circute diagram there are 3 outputs

1. PIR_OUT_LR connected to J25 and GPIO27.

2. PIR_DIGITAL_OUT connected to J24 and GPIO26.

3. PIR_ANALOG_OUT connected to J23 and GPIO55.

What is PIT_OUT_LR ??

Able to blink LED based on PIR digital output value, But need Analog value. Is there any API's which provide PIR's Analog info? So that i can controll the LED intensity based on analog value.

NOTE:- Need to change LED intensity based on speed of moment.

Thank you

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2018-09-20 12:18

PIR_OUT_LR is the moving detection output pin we have configured to verify and print "PIR interrupt signal received" on console using QCLI_demo.
You should be able to read PIR_ANAOLOG_OUT by connecting J23 Pins (1&2) which will redirect the output to SENSEADC_3 on J2 pin 1.

We have sample demo for reading SENSEADC output values in QCLI_demo, refer to adc_driver_test( void *pvParameters ) in Adc.c file

• Up0
  • Down0
yerasiprathyusha
Posted: Mon, 2018-09-24 07:05

Thanks for your response,

I read ADC[3] (pin 1 of J2) using QCLI_demo samples on QCA4020 connecting J23 jumper. But it is showing  ADC[3] = 1750.000mV,  Range=[0.000V, 1.750V] all the time for both idle and PIR movement detection.

I want to read analogue value to detect speed of the motion base on the value. If it is not possible with this approach, Is there any other solution for detecting fast or slow motion??

Awaiting for your response.

Thank you,

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2018-09-25 11:06

you can use PWM channels to control the LED intensity, refer to ONBOARD_DEMO for similar example.

On the scope you should be able to verify ANALOG power values being changed.
Alternately you can try to execute similar instance by connecting Pin 1 of J25 (PIR_OUT_LR) to Pin 1,3,5,7,9,11 of J16(LED).

When ever there is a movement on PIR sensor the J25 (PIR_OUT_LR) which is configured as DUAL_EDGE_TRIGGER and send will send an Interrupt signal .
If you connect the J25 Pin1to J16 pin1(WLAN_LED), based on slow or fast movement, the LED will glow constant or blink.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.