Forums - qca4020 can't connect wifi

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
qca4020 can't connect wifi
Posted: Wed, 2018-09-05 01:32

Hello there,

I builded QCLI_demo and flashing image to my board,but i can't connect wifi with wlan,my steps as follows:

> wlan                                                                          

WLAN> enable                                                                    

WLAN> scan                                                                      

WLAN:                                                                           
ssid = lynky_vpn                                                                
WLAN: bssid = d4:ee:07:5e:ef:ca                                                 
WLAN: channel = 4                                                               
WLAN: indicator = 57                                                            
WLAN: security =                                                                
RSN/WPA2=  {PSK } {AES }                                                        
WPA=  {PSK } {AES } 

WLAN> SetWpaPassphrase lynky_vpn@                                               

WLAN> connect lynky_vpn                                                         

WLAN:                                                                           
WLAN: Setting SSID to lynky_vpn                                                 
WLAN:                                                                           

WLAN>                                                                           
WLAN: devId 0 Disconnected MAC addr 00:00:00:00:00:00

Can someone tell me why?
thanks!
  • Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2018-09-05 10:31

In case of WPA2 security mode AP, we need to follow below instructions while connecting to WiFi.

> wlan enable

> wlan setdevice 1 //This is to use Interface wlan1 while acting as Station

> wlan SetWpaPassphrase lynky_vpn@ //This command is to set password for the SSID

> wlan SetWpaParameters WPA2 CCMP CCMP //This command is to set Security Mode

> wlan connect lynky_vpn

WLAN:
WLAN:

>
WLAN: devid - 1 1 CONNECTED MAC addr b4:5d:50:ec:c6:20
WLAN: 4 way handshake success for device=1

> net dhcpv4c wlan1 //This command will request/acquire IP address from the Server.

>
Net: DHCPv4c: IP=10.177.242.188 Subnet Mask=255.255.254.0 Gateway=10.177.242.1

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Thu, 2018-09-06 01:43

Thanks for your answer! I followed your steps and succeeded.

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Thu, 2018-09-06 20:03

I have a new problem, Why can't I find this device on the router web interface after the connection is successful?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2018-09-07 10:48

I have tried locally with several routers and I could observer the qca4020 device MAC address on the router web interface.
Kindly provide us your Router Model and Firmware version running, we will try locally and update you.

• Up0
  • Down0
TvRepair
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2019-07-19 23:56
All WIFi is good but maintains properly  the work properly 
> wlan                                                                          

WLAN> enable                                                                    

WLAN> scan                                                                      

WLAN:                                                                           
ssid = lynky_vpn                                                                
WLAN: bssid = d4:ee:07:5e:ef:ca                                                 
WLAN: channel = 4                                                               
WLAN: indicator = 57                                                            
WLAN: security =                                                                
RSN/WPA2=  {PSK } {AES }                                                        
WPA=  {PSK } {AES } 

WLAN> connect lynky_vpn                                                         

WLAN:                                                                           
WLAN:                                                                           

WLAN>                                                                           
WLAN: devId 0 Disconnected MAC addr 00:00:00:00:00:00
is good but
the main think on this day WIFI is need of all human mostly offices, home, school, hospital, etc  WIFi is the most important part of life for everyone
for any problem for WIFi check out here Tv Repair 
  • Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2019-08-26 16:09

From the provided log, i could observe you are missing the encryption setup.

Could you please try below step and verify, if its working as expected ?

> wlan                                                                          
WLAN> enable                                                                    
WLAN> scan                                                                                                                                                    
WLAN> SetWpaParameters WPA2 CCMP CCMP                                                                                
WLAN> connect lynky_vpn                                                         

• Up0
  • Down0
marco.monni
Posted: Tue, 2019-10-08 04:06

HI to all, samething is happening to me...Doesn't matter how many command I send..the results is always

devId 0 Disconnected MAC addr 00:00:00:00:00:00

any suggestion about?

thank you.

M.

• Up0
  • Down0
marco.monni
Posted: Tue, 2019-10-08 04:07

HI to all, samething is happening to me...Doesn't matter how many command I send..the results is always

devId 0 Disconnected MAC addr 00:00:00:00:00:00

any suggestion about?

thank you.

M.

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2019-10-08 10:34

Kindly provide your connection sequence/serial log to verify the issue.
However, the trace  "devId 0 Disconnected MAC addr 00:00:00:00:00:00" is obsererved when the device fails to connect to Access P,oint the reason could be invalid command instructions sequence or Wifi not availalable.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.