Forums - QCA4020 Documents needs to be update as per new qca4020.or_.2.0-00048 SDK

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA4020 Documents needs to be update as per new qca4020.or_.2.0-00048 SDK
chilukuriashok90
Posted: Mon, 2018-08-27 04:34

Hi 

I am new to QCA4020 kit and checking Onboard demo with cloud mode example on QCA4020 board.

I am following the steps in document 80-ya121-140-qca402xcdb2x_development_kit_user_guide.pdf.

In 3.9.1 Build with AWS IoT SDK section , 9th point mentioned about some changes in files.

Mentioned in document: 

**Make the following changes
in thirdparty\aws\awsiot\include\aws_iot_shadow_json.h
bool isJsonValidAndParse(const char *pJsonDocument, void *pJsonHandler, int32_t *pTokenCount);
change to
bool isJsonValidAndParse(const char *pJsonDocument, void **pJsonHandler, int32_t *pTokenCount) . But New  https://github.com/aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C  SDK code . This function has been changed to 
bool isJsonValidAndParse(const char *pJsonDocument, size_t jsonSize, void *pJsonHandler, int32_t *pTokenCount);. They have added one extra parameter size_t jsonSize . Because of this i could not able to compile the code  . It was shown  ../../src/ecosystem/aws/aws_run.c:426:9: error: too few arguments to function 'isJsonValidAndParse' if(!isJsonValidAndParse(shadowRxBuf, (void **)&pJsonHandler, &tokenCount)).
This aws_run.c function in New QCA4020 sdk have to be update as per new ws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C code.

And also needs to be update steps in sections 3.5.1 On Linux (or Cygwin) and 3.9.1.4 Register a thing type to thing as per new SDK.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok.

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2018-08-27 11:41

The instructions are based on AWS SDK code tag v2.1.1 : https://github.com/aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/releases/tag/v2.1.1
Please try with above version and let me know, if you still face any issues.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.