Forums - QCA4020 Onboard Demo issue

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA4020 Onboard Demo issue
gecloudtest
Posted: Thu, 2018-07-12 22:35

Hi,

We have created thread network of three QCA4020 device, where one device acts as Border Router and other two QCA4020 device acts as a Joiner device by flashing Onboard demo image of QCA4020.

We have modified code so that two Joiner device sends  continuous data to BR, and  BR send data to both of the Joiner device acordingly.

But we are facing issue while sendig data from border router only one of the two device is recieving data, the other device is not receiving data from BR even though sendto() at BR successful for both of the Joiner and all the three devices are in same thread network.

Can you help us out to solve the issue.

thanks in advance,

GECloud Team

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2018-07-13 15:24

Hi,

Could you provide us more information on which RTOS (Threadx/FreeRTOS) you are building the demo application.
Could you also attach the log trace when the Border Router is not sending the information to Joiner.

I asssume both the  joiners have different address and you are using seperate qapi_sendto() calls for sending the information of border_router to respective joiners.

• Up0
  • Down0
gecloudtest
Posted: Sun, 2018-07-15 06:28

Hi ,

We are building demo with Threadx RTOS.

As you mentioned ya both  joiners have different address and we are using seperate qapi_sendto for specific  joiners.

On BR promt, qapi_sendto is successful and displaying the logs like sent 47 bytes (no. of the bytes sent succesfully and sending to the correct global address of joiner)

thanks ,

GECloud Team

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2018-07-16 11:22

Hi,

I tried locally with 3 devices (1 Border Router,  2 Joiners)
I am able to send data from both joiners to BR and BR is able to send information to Joiners.

I assume you have increased the Heap size as described section (5.1 Prerequisites to build onboard AWS  demo) in document 80-YA121-140 QCA402X Development Kit while building the Onboard Demo.

Kindly confirm, both the Joiners are sending the sensor information to BR.

• Up0
  • Down0
shujaul.wi2wi
Posted: Fri, 2018-08-03 05:01

wi2wi-test2@wi2witest2-HP-EliteBook-8460p:~/Desktop/640ad7/FreeRTOS/qurt/FreeRTOS/2.0$ make all
Compiling qurt_init.c
mkdir -p output
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -g -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -fno-inline-functions -Os -O3 -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -std=c99 -fno-short-enums -mapcs-frame -gdwarf-3 -D FEATURE_MUTEX_PI_RECURSIVE -D QURT_THREAD_MAX_PRIORITIES=32 -I. -I../../../~/Desktop/640ad7/FreeRTOS/1.0/FreeRTOS/Demo/QUARTZ -I../../../~/Desktop/640ad7/FreeRTOS/1.0/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../../../~/Source/include  -c -o output/qurt_init.o qurt_init.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
make: *** [qurt_init.o] Error 1
wi2wi-test2@wi2witest2-HP-EliteBook-8460p:~/Desktop/640ad7/FreeRTOS/qurt/FreeRTOS/2.0$

// I am getting Error 1 after Make command in FreeRTOS

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2018-08-06 10:32

Make sure you have set the below TOOLCHAIN PATHs:

export export PATH=$PATH://home/user/Downloads/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6_2-2016q4/bin

export TOOLLIBPATH=/home/user/Downloads/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6_2-2016q4/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.2.1/thumb/v7e-m/

export NEWLIBPATH=/home/user/Downloads/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6_2-2016q4/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.